I Don't Understand the Football Analysts

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It must just be me. All football fans think their team is being shorted by the officials, the analysts, the other teams' fans, etc. So it must be me. But I am tired of the reasoning of the bspn college football analysts. Is the Football Playoff Selection Committee equally dumb?

I hear them say that Oklahoma has a good win in beating Tennessee and should be the first one loss team in. Florida's victory over Tennessee was a last minute lucky win. Okie State had a brilliant comeback against Iowa State showing conclusively that they could snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. UF's comebacks apparently exhibit no such thing. Also the love for the acc is revolting. If UNC beats Clemson they are definitely in. The fact that they lost to the least accomplished SEC team and had two FCS teams on their schedule pales in comparison to the glorious victory over Clemson. I am almost to the point of preferring a victory over the noles to a SEC championship.

Thanks for letting me get this off of my chest.

P.S. The strength of schedule of some of these teams is pathetic, but apparently no longer matters.

None of this matters... if we win out... with wins over FSU and Bama we are in. There is no way they leave a 1 loss SEC Champion out in liu of any other 1 loss team.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Even if UNC beats Clemson they shouldn't be in. USCe is the toughest team on their schedule and they lost. :bwahaha:

If UNC played Bama or Ohio State they'd lose by 24-30 points. They are a joke.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Thanks. Good article. Still a lot of analysts don't see this. However, some are beginning to see that ND is being pushed into the playoffs.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Zero chance all those teams win out.
Agree, but even if they did we'd get in over ND. The committee ranks team all over again each week looking at what they have done on the field up to that point, so as long as they keep winning ND will probably stay 4 for now. But after the conference championship games the Big 12 and ND each get the equivalent of a tie or a half loss either way you want to look at it. It's not factored in yet because the championship games haven't been played yet.

ND might get in over a 1 loss OK team because they would both have 1.5 losses in the committee's view, but no one loss team w/o a Conf Championship game could get in over a one loss SEC champion. It's both fair and punishment for not playing the extra game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator