"I owe my life to Jim McElwain"

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like that choice was made long before butters came to town
muschamp never drove me to drink. I knew the offense would suck under him so there was no surprise. But mac was hired to fix the offense and bring back the sling it down the field mentality, thats how foley sold him to us when he hired him. I believed it... and THAT is what has had me drinking the last 2 seasons. I really thought our offense would be much improved and fun again, not the same that it was under a guy who got fired for it :lol:

Hopefully this year marks the beginning of the change.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
muschamp never drove me to drink. I knew the offense would suck under him so there was no surprise. But mac was hired to fix the offense and bring back the sling it down the field mentality, thats how foley sold him to us when he hired him.
Anyone who beliebed that bullshyt never spent 2 minutes watching a Butterteef offense.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
That'll be Kyle Trask one day. He'll be on an NFL roster as the superstar QB after leading the gators to 2 nattys. ;)

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:ohboy:
This will end well...

Between Chump and MacButters, I'm going to hell with the amount of increased profanity I spew out during the season(s)

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
hmmmmm. I'll get back to you on 9/3 about that.

:what:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I like it and who knows what impact him working with some QB might have, or seeing how coach was willing to help influences players and recruits. Now owing his life is over the top to me, that means he saved it from death.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I also owe my life to coach Mac.

Picture this, 2016, a beautiful sunny day in Gainesville FL. The gators are getting ready to take the field after a tense halftime.
The sportscaster approaches coach Mac to find out how he motivated his team to get a first down.

That's when I saw it.
A bright shiny light that beckoned to me.
It soothed me.
I basked in the warmth of the light.

I could almost see myself leaving my body. It was just for a split second, but as the rays of the hot Gainesville sun reflected off of Macs golden yellow teeth I heard a voice say, "you must overcome the adversity on your gums!"

I was flooded with so many emotions. It was a spiritual awakening. I had memories of toothpaste commercials, dental visits, Listerine ads, and on an on. Facts jumped into my mind at the speed of light; "gingivitis can cause bad breath", "periodontal disease can't be undone". I saw invoices in my mind of root canals, and bridge work.

That was when I called my dentist and scheduled a check up. It wasn't too late for me. I still have hope.

Thanks coach mac, you saved my life.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone who beliebed that bullshyt never spent 2 minutes watching a Butterteef offense.
I'd barely heard of him, let alone seen his offense. But I heard all these people say his colorado state team was really good offensively and got a couple kids taken early in the draft, etc. My mistake, obviously...

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's a nice thing for Mac to do, a really nice thing for this guy to say and can only help with recruiting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That'll be Kyle Trask one day. He'll be on an NFL roster as the superstar QB after leading the gators to 2 nattys. ;)
sideeyechloe.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, I thought this thread was another LDR thread to piss off URG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.