"I owe my life to Jim McElwain"

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
6_3893707.jpg

Thanks Mac. I owe this lousy job to you.

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
muschamp never drove me to drink. I knew the offense would suck under him so there was no surprise. But mac was hired to fix the offense and bring back the sling it down the field mentality, thats how foley sold him to us when he hired him. I believed it... and THAT is what has had me drinking the last 2 seasons. I really thought our offense would be much improved and fun again, not the same that it was under a guy who got fired for it :lol:

Hopefully this year marks the beginning of the change.
The Oline was completely decimated by Muschamp and our cupboard was bare of skill players for the most part on offense. The guys that we did have were very young. You can't run any offense against SEC quality defensive talent without the horses to do it. On top of that, in this day and age, it takes long term relationships to recruit at a high level (that is beginning to reap rewards in this recruiting cycle). People expected him to come in here with nothing to work with and run his offense at a high level and recruit with the likes of Bama without having time to build the relationships needed to bring these kids in. I think we will see a considerable improvement this year if our Oline improves now that we have some depth and experience across the board.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The Oline was completely decimated by Muschamp and our cupboard was bare of skill players for the most part on offense. The guys that we did have were very young. You can't run any offense against SEC quality defensive talent without the horses to do it. On top of that, in this day and age, it takes long term relationships to recruit at a high level (that is beginning to reap rewards in this recruiting cycle). People expected him to come in here with nothing to work with and run his offense at a high level and recruit with the likes of Bama without having time to build the relationships needed to bring these kids in. I think we will see a considerable improvement this year if our Oline improves now that we have some depth and experience across the board.
im hoping for the same, its all we got at this point.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Anyone who beliebed that bullshyt never spent 2 minutes watching a Butterteef offense.
I have gotten drunk the last 4 years right after the FSU game. Maybe this year will be different, but I already have a 5th of Jim Beam laid away. Just the thought of Jimbo standing with Butters after another ass-wipping makes me want to break the seal early.

00v0v_8owIZcFPB8S_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
:pumper: sighting.............dont bring that reality BS in here.........the narrative has been set with the angry "WE KNOW OFFENSE and HBC skills" circle yank. He shoulda been competing with hafasss U and Satan/Escalade U from the get go..............who cares if they had 5 times the talent right then on campus..............We made funny names for him and have the mantra (butters/donkey/worst coach etc etc) down pat. Take that apologist attitude to a gator board that does not understand (WE can only be like SOS/Urban) swagger 5* ball.
great post , westGator

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Coach is off his meds again.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Dissent in defense of our beloved team/staff/program is necessary sometimes..........If all we have is "we suck/they suck/never shoulda hired him" it gets stale. So I show up occasionally to bring some imbalance to the narration. besides it is fun. Meds? I take one half of an OTC antacid pill for reflux and that is it...........hope you can say that when you can collect SS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.