Ian Scott coming home!

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Great pick up for the Gators. Strong ties to the ville, his folks are still here, brings strong NFL creds as well academics

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think he got his degree in engineering right?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

He finished his degree from UF in 2012 when earned a Bachelor of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering.

Question - does a GA mean they are in Grad School? If so, I can find no reference to what he's studying next.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
He finished his degree from UF in 2012 when earned a Bachelor of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering.

Question - does a GA mean they are in Grad School? If so, I can find no reference to what he's studying next.

I actually know someone who was hoping to get this position and the answer to your question is Yes, as I asked the same thing. They pay for you to go to grad school, etc. Sort of like being on scholarship.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Yes, a "GA" is a Graduate Assistant and they have to be enrolled in school. There used to be only 2 per team, now they can have 4.....which was a good move by the NCAA (how often do you hear that comment??).

This is a great addition. Having an NFL player and former UF player coaching DT's is going to be huge w/ 3 true freshman needing some quick training. Hopefully he'll be on staff for two seasons.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maybe we can slip him in a game or two....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Knew Ian and his family as a kid in Gainesville. His father Randy was our youth minister. Ian was an absolutely enormous kid.

For those who may not know, Randy Scott was the all time leading tackler at Clemson for a long time.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
My enduring memory of Scott is from the 2002 Tennessee game. Played in the hardest rain I've ever experienced at a live sporting event...it never slacked up the entire game. Crowd was really loud and UT moved quickly down the field on their first drive. Lined up for a field goal and Scott broke through to block it. That play seemed to take the edge off the crowd and Tennessee momentum. Gators scored a bunch of points late in the second quarter and went on to win big. One of Zook's best victories. I have always felt that Scott's play to keep the score 0-0 was a key moment in the game.

Always good to see former Gators return to the program.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I had a 3000 level engineering class with Ian. He was a real nice guy. It was a 9am class, my first of the day that semester. One morning I got to class around 830 with the intention of finishing up some homework. He came in a few minutes after I did and sat down next to me, then looked at me and said "bro, are you finishing that homework assignment?" I said yeah, and after a moment of silence he was like, "do you think I could borrow it?" :lol:

Long story short I "helped" him out that day... and a few times later that semester he returned the favor. :)
That was a stupid class anyway; was an engineering stats class with homework assignments that included writing stupid computer programs.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And he can sing too! He was in the GHS choir, and I performed with him at a couple Stop Children's Cancer Christmas concerts back in the day.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015

Yes, but can he do this?

l0O5BZ2ndGRpWP5Ek.gif
:boom::boom:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator