If Grantham leaves this year which DC do you want?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'd love to have Charlie back, but you're right about him trying for another HC job elsewhere.

Promoting Gray would be a decent option, or poaching DRob from Duncechump would be good too.
im absolutely 100% opposed to promoting from within. 100%. We need to ADD solid recruiting, not shuffle around existing guys. We need some new life and fresh blood on the trail.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
im absolutely 100% opposed to promoting from within. 100%. We need to ADD solid recruiting, not shuffle around existing guys. We need some new life and fresh blood on the trail.
Right, I agree, but that's still better than ending up with some Randy Shannon-esque type.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He can put his name out there all he wants. He's getting paid too much. He makes more than a sunbelt HC already Look at venables. He's obviously put his name out there alot too and he's probably the best. I just don't see a HC happening any time soon.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’d love to have either of those two on our defensive side of the ball but I don’t think Mason is a valid option. Didn’t he and Mullen get into a small confrontation last year over an injured player? Vandy bench was coming onto the field if I remember correctly...
They kissed and made up at midfield after the game.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Ummm.....lets think outside the box for a minute. Who's retiring this after this year that has been a freaking Icon as a DC but never had a shot at HBC. One shot at an NC where he is and coached Torian Gray in college?

Yeah, I'd call Bud Foster who recruits the hell out of Florida at Tech and convince him to give us 3 years. Now go ahead and throw that under the bus.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Discussed this at length with my Cowbell booster friend..Here’s the big issue: CDM has been extraordinarily hard in public on assistants ( the exception being those not named Hevesy, Gonzales or Knox) in the past. At cowbell, Grantham wasn’t the first name called when the DC job opened up. In fact Grantham is likely the only DC he hasn’t publicly thrown under the bus. Getting one to work under him, especially a high profile one, might be a bigger problem than we realize. That said, I’m down with new blood coming in.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
He'd have to say yes to the pressure cooker and if he did I don't think a "break" from the pressure cooker would be the reason he's leaving Tech. I think he's just tired of being there now since Beamer is gone. Plus they ain't looking like any NC contender for many years to come, particularly with Clemson looking Bama like in that conference.

I think he'd like the chance at a NC before he hangs them up and showing what he could do in a conference like ours. Just my 2 cents.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

$3M a year with no state tax changes a lot of minds.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure if Grantham goes, Christian Robinson goes with. Not a fan of that.
Huge fan of getting rid of all AssSniffers.

Robinson is a "good coach" on twitter. The same people that thought Willie was the best coach in college football.

NO FVKKING DWAGS!!!! OR NULLS. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Last edited:

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
If he leaves I say we waive his buyout as long as he promises to take English with him.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Grantham has been throwing his name out (or at least his agent has) for the last two years, he wants a head coaching gig or an NFL DC gig (that would lead to a HC gig). I don't think he comes back. But yes, he's got it made at UF for as long as he wants (as long as there's not a colossal collapse on his part), and at nearly $2 million/year he can be selective about where he goes.
I get that. I'm just saying that chris doering painted a completely different picture. Not saying he's the end all say all or anything. Just saying maybe he's pretty content here and his agent likes to jack up his salary.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I get that. I'm just saying that chris doering painted a completely different picture. Not saying he's the end all say all or anything. Just saying maybe he's pretty content here and his agent likes to jack up his salary.
Chris Doering is usually high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator