If Muschamp had never been fired, where would our program be?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
6-6 with the 110th ranked offense. Just like he has at USC.

And he'd be proud of losing to 1AA teams bc the defense looked good.

We'd only have one incredibly embarrassing failure of a coach this decade instead of three.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
who gives a fvk?

fvk that dawg and last ahole that dragged this program down

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He lost to Georgia Southern at home. Might as well ask where we would be if Gary Darnell wasn't fired.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Answer: :flush:

What if Butters had not stuck his PENUS in his mouth? Where would program be? :flush:

Where is the program likely headed? :flush:

MusStank, MacElStain, Cousin Eddie. I mean seriously. When you hire below average you get: :kiffin::flush:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I cant believe I'm saying this, but honestly, better. We'd still blow ass like we currently do. Our offense would still be horrific and we'd still be a complete dumpster fire... but, the team would have at least been forced to stay in football shape, and while recruiting would have been lopsided towards defense, at least we'd still have a decent amount of quality players for the next guy to work with.

This in no way is to be interpreted as I wish we kept Chump. He desperately needed to be fired. This SHOULD be interpreted as we should have packed fooley's bags and sent the two of them packing together. Chump and Mac destroyed the program, yes. But Foley gave them the go-ahead and then raises once they were in full on demolition mode.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We'd be in the same boat we're in now except with more defensive talent. I never fathomed the possibility that things could be worse after Muschamp, but I and many others were very wrong. His offenses were actually better than Butters' statistically, and he wouldn't have lost Grier.

That said, I also think Mullen would still have eventually taken over. Muschamp wasn't going to ever win championships here, and Stricklan would still want to hire his buddy.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Just as bad, or worse. Even the recruiting side had taken a hit. People forget that we had a 100+ class when JM took over, with virtually all major targets looking elsewhere. The “shine” wore off in 2013. By the end of ‘14, we’d become a pariah, and rivals were already using the “he won’t be there” pitch, with success.

And as I’ve pointed out repeatedly, our best defense was 2012, which was 90% Meyer’s guys. WM never replaced guys like Floyd, Easley, Elam, etc. Almost every position, outside of DB, saw a significant decline in talent, which for some reason, goes unnoticed.

And opposing coaches flat out admitted tat they didn’t even try to score points beyond a certain point (14 or so)because they knew we were no threat to score. So even the defensive stats are completely skewed.

WM sucked at everything. No actual data could refute that we’d have been just as bad as the last few years.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Butters walked into a dumpster fire. Mullen walks into a situation even 10 times worse than that.

What did Muschamp walk into? A team only two years removed from a NC and the #1 recruiting class in the nation. It was a dream scenario that he managed to completely flush down the john. If you look at the big picture, he may have actually done a worse job than Butters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator