If we lose the rest of our games....

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No all you guys talk about is beating Georgia and competing for championships. Georgia was irrelevant for 40 years and you didn't ever see their fans get mad. They just waited patiently for their time. That's all you can do as a fan. No reason to get mad. You all should just be happy we have a football team and get to watch us play on Saturdays
I don’t even understand this post. It’s just completely insane.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin needs to be fired

And Billy needs to be fired. Just take the bandaid off. Recruiting may suffer but fill in with portal kids and bring in an offensive minded head coach who can bring in an elite DC.

This whole shopping for our coaches at Walmart has to stop.
Unfortunately with huge buyout, we're gonna be wholesale shopping. I don't see us paying Billy's big buyout then paying someone else's

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Uh, no. You don’t even know the history of your own team. Urbans first year was 2005 and he won it all in 2006, year two.

And just to boot I’ll give you another one: Bob Stoops and Oklahoma went undefeated as national champions in his 2nd year (2000)
Well aren't you just so smart. Wow a whopping 2 people in all of FBS history. And you expect Billy to walk into a dumpster fire and be competitive in year 2. Insane

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Uh oh.....this is gonna be a good thread...

getting involved love & hip hop GIF by VH1

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Not today. The difference between 1-2 and 5th is a chasm today. Tenth is a Citrus Bowl invite. Just look at the OM game tonight. Adequate talent, great offensive mind. Pulverized by uga. For that matter, the last time they played Ala they won by like 17 points. We can’t recruit outside top 5 snd survive. Then throw in the deficiencies of our coaching. S as l most has to be 2-3.
Well, using Ole Miss is not a good example because since 2020 they had a 17th ranked class, the others were 29th and 37th and 43rd, I believe. And I would agree that landing at 10th three consecutive classes would still require a staff that can actually coach their team to play above their class ranking, somewhat.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Zero chance we land in the Top 5. I’d say there’s a 40-60 chance we stay Top 10. All momentum is gone and we’re losing people. So if that’s the criteria, I can save you some time.
:lol:

We'll know on Dec 20 for ESD near the end of Jan on the transfer portal.

If he's not got a Top 10 class on ESD he needs to be fired Dec 21. He won't be.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately with huge buyout, we're gonna be wholesale shopping. I don't see us paying Billy's big buyout then paying someone else's
I think the boosters will come up with the money.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well done Saul. Possibly the best troll job I've seen here. You almost had me too you ****er

Last edited:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Uh, no. You don’t even know the history of your own team. Urbans first year was 2005 and he won it all in 2006, year two.

And just to boot I’ll give you another one: Bob Stoops and Oklahoma went undefeated as national champions in his 2nd year (2000)
Not debating you. It doesn't matter if only a couple of coaches won NCs year 2. What matters is how many coaches have improved their team by reasonable measure year 2. The answer to that is many.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Are you serious? We are playing the most freshman in the country! Do you not remember 2007? We played a ton of true freshman and sophmores on offense and defense and then what happened in 08?

Next regurgitated, garbage line you have to spew?

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Not debating you. It doesn't matter if only a couple of coaches won NCs year 2. What matters is how many coaches have improved their team by reasonable measure year 2. The answer to that is many.
I know, I really wasn’t arguing for or against his point, I was merely pointing out the fact that yes, in fact there have been coaches with championships in year 2. Not sure why he/she even went there.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Demote AA to team cheerleader and errand boy and hire a proven DC. A guy with hair on his ass, a mean streak and a killer instinct. This D belongs in a ladies coffee klatch

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You have to have patience. Everybody is screaming for an OC but look at Mertz stats his one year here with Billy compared to his 4 years at Wisconsin. It's light years better and Billy has only had him for 1 year. Imagine how good he will be next year. Same for our Defense. AA is in his first year and we look like we actually have a pulse, you can't get mad about tonight, Daniel's might be arguably one of the 5 best CFB QBs to ever play the game. Nobody can stop him.
I would sleep better if I could see things through your eyes.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I agree we need top talent. But a good staff could take 10th ranked classes and make some things happen, win some games they aren't expected to, and build from there. Unfortunately, I don't think this staff can do that, and maybe not with top 5 classes.

What's going on with our Defense? They look out of position. Did we even scheme to prevent Daniels from having so much space to run? Two weeks in a row we get creamed by QBs know to run often.
Not trolling here ... I honestly think the defense is just physically worn out. We are more talented this year (than last) but we are young. And we still aren't nearly talented enough on the defense. We have a few spots but lack any talented depth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator