If you could know the time and place of your death…

If you could know the time and place of your death but couldn’t do anything to change it, prepare fo

• Yes

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Can I get a ham sammich instead?

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
If you could know the time and place of your death but couldn’t do anything to change it, prepare for it or tell anyone, would you want to know?

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
My initial thought was Yes, but I ultimately voted No. I would be over-consumed with the impending date, which would probably rob me of joy while still here.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Donald Trump Head Shake GIF by Election 2016

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Absolutely. I could do all manner of crazy chit before then knowing I wouldn't die. Yes. I know... Coma, imprisonment, vegetable etc are all options.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
What is this "joy of living" you keep referring to?? J/k tho I'm sure ox won't believe that.

Knowing when imma check out and how would make budgeting and planning a breeze. Could get life insurance at just the right time and leverage credit to the max.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
What is this "joy of living" you keep referring to?? J/k tho I'm sure ox won't believe that.

Knowing when imma check out and how would make budgeting and planning a breeze. Could get life insurance at just the right time and leverage credit to the max.
With Credit Life of course...

I voted no though. Definitely wouldn't want to know.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Read the rules! I said that you could do nothing to prepare for it, that includes life insurance policies and getting things in order. Disqualified.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, if only for the financial implications alone. Plus, I'd like to know which future crazy I date finally does me in.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Absolutely. I could do all manner of crazy chit before then knowing I wouldn't die. Yes. I know... Coma, imprisonment, vegetable etc are all options.
July 4, 2039
Celebrating 4th of July and choked on the Cherry from your Shirley Temple.

Weird, probably not what you expected.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Absolutely!

April 28, 2042

It was a car accident. You were feeling really confident buffing out the scratches in your wife’s car and your long beard got caught in the buffer. It caused a bad infection where the hair was ripped out. I won’t go into any more details. My condolences to the family.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
April 28, 2042

It was a car accident. You were feeling really confident buffing out the scratches in your wife’s car and your long beard got caught in the buffer. It caused a bad infection where the hair was ripped out. I won’t go into any more details. My condolences to the family.

Now I can cheat death for 20 more years? :yes:

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
We all live our lives in a one size fits all manner according to a single statistic (average life expectancy) with much individual deviation. What good is the fruit of all your labors if you work, save, and invest responsibly only to die the day before you turn 62, 65, 67, 70, or whatever age gives you the number of years you want to live free of a time clock and a boss? If you know when you are going to die, you can change your game plan for the greatest return at the end. If you know you are going to die at 40 or 50, there is no point in saving for retirement at all. Knowing where you are going to die is more problematic. If you know you are going to die in Denver, Colorado on June 15, 2050, you don't live there or anywhere close enough that you'd end up in a hospital or nursing home there if you were incapacitated by accident, illness, or injury, and you have no family, friends, or any other reason for ever visiting there, are you going to simply and obediently board a flight to Denver that day and await the plane crash, car wreck, or other calamity that surely awaits you there?

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I fear my obituary may read that I was run down in a hit and run accident by a golf cart with University of Michigan colors and logos while visiting The Villages but the driver has not been identified.

But really, I am more than delighted to know my days and the end of my days are in the hands of the 'Ancient of Days'. "He's got the whole world in His hands"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.