I'll have what he's having: UF predicted to make playoff

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
And besides I think we could win 10 games on this schedule with any of our QBs starting this is such an easy schedule to ease a QB into

It is almost like no one here remembers Peace or Grossman or any other UF QBs being eased into the job against a favorable early schedule for one reason or another. If Mullen is a good coach, he will have a credible team against this schedule.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
It is almost like no one here remembers Peace or Grossman or any other UF QBs being eased into the job against a favorable early schedule for one reason or another. If Mullen is a good coach, he will have a credible team against this schedule.

Franks is special.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Felipe Franks is no Rex Grossman. The dumb azz ain’t fixable.

You may have missed it but Franks is not the only QB on the roster. Again if Mullen is a good coach, he will coach up a QB and have a creditable offense and team this year.

BTW, I once spent an entire off season on UF boards explaining to SD types that Spurrier was not going to bench the MVP of the SEC title game just because the number 1 QB in the country signed with UF.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
You may have missed it but Franks is not the only QB on the roster. Again if Mullen is a good coach, he will coach up a QB and have a creditable offense and team this year.

BTW, I once spent an entire off season on UF boards explaining to SD types that Spurrier was not going to bench the MVP of the SEC title game just because the number 1 QB in the country signed with UF.

Unfortunately, I have little faith in Trask or a true freshman not named Justin Fields.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Unfortunately, I have little faith in Trask or a true freshman not named Justin Fields.

I do not have great faith in any of them individually. I have faith that a credible QB can be found from those 3 and other assorted QBs or possible QBs on the roster.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Wow?

1. I am pessimistic about Mullen but the schedule is the schedule as reflected by the prediction this thread is about.

2. Meyer inherited a terrible QB for his (and this) system. Franks is a much better dual threat prospect.

3. I guess you can call success "whatever signs ... are necessary to recruit top 3 classes again" IF you think coaching does not matter or you are merely interested in bragging to your friends in February. I would look for signs of good coaching and the first place that should show up is on the offensive side of the ball.
Can’t believe you’re still putting this crap out there. No QB and no OL does not equal 10 wins. Sometimes, talent really matters - even with a favorable schedule. We do not have that talent right now - particularly at 2 of the most important position groups on the field. On offseason won’t change that. You’re willfully ignorant to the most important impediments to a winning season in an obvious attempt to make some point about Mullen as a coach. At the when Donk goes full “broken record” he cites MSU stats.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Can’t believe you’re still putting this crap out there. No QB and no OL does not equal 10 wins. Sometimes, talent really matters - even with a favorable schedule. We do not have that talent right now - particularly at 2 of the most important position groups on the field. On offseason won’t change that. You’re willfully ignorant to the most important impediments to a winning season in an obvious attempt to make some point about Mullen as a coach. At the when Donk goes full “broken record” he cites MSU stats.

So you see people agreeing with me, one guy even picking UF for the college football tourney and a long lost poster posting about UF's possibility of a 10 win season, yet you can't believe I have not changed my mind.

Well I may be "willfully ignorant to the most important impediments to a winning season...," but I at least have clue as to when someone might be expected to change their mind.

Among the other things I understand that you apparently don't include:

1. This is a message board for people to post their opinions.

2. If everyone has the same opinion, a message board is boring.

3. How UF has won in the past and is likely to win in the future.

4. That colleges every year break in new competent QBs and that UF has not been able to develop such a QB in almost a decade is a coaching NOT personnel problem.

5. You can not recruit a fully formed college QB, you have to coach them up.

I could go on and on, but the key issue here is I have my opinion. I may well change my opinion, but it is less likely when others are agreeing with my opinion. You are welcome to you opinion no matter how uninformed you are.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
So you see people agreeing with me, one guy even picking UF for the college football tourney and a long lost poster posting about UF's possibility of a 10 win season, yet you can't believe I have not changed my mind.

Well I may be "willfully ignorant to the most important impediments to a winning season...," but I at least have clue as to when someone might be expected to change their mind.

4. That colleges every year break in new competent QBs and that UF has not been able to develop such a QB in almost a decade is a coaching NOT personnel problem.

I could go on and on, but the key issue here is I have my opinion. I may well change my opinion, but it is less likely when others are agreeing with my opinion. You are welcome to you opinion no matter how uninformed you are.

Okay, let’s set aside the QB and OL issues, please walk me through why our defense has improved from their 4 win season to doing their share of obtaining 10 wins this season. Thanks!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jake, I thought I undid the dislike. I was angry at everyone killing my dream. National Championship Gators. I will dream big for my Gators. National champs or bust.
Keep it going, brother.

We need you!

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

You’re welcome to your opinion but I’m welcome to mine: your analysis is stupid. The people predicting 10 wins don’t add “but if the Gators don’t win 10, its obviously the first year coach who’s installing a new offense and defense with unproven/crappy QBs and previously atrocious OL”. If you stopped your opinion at: “I think UF could win 10 with this schedule”, I’d have no issue. Or, if you were like Donk/itraz and said “He sucked at MSU so he’ll suck here - bad hire”, I’d have no issue. But setting an arbitrary (and very high) regular season win threshold to judge his “fit” here is asinine.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Okay, let’s set aside the QB and OL issues, please walk me through why our defense has improved from their 4 win season to doing their share of obtaining 10 wins this season. Thanks!

UF failed to win home games last year where the opponent:

1. scored 19 points
2. scored 17 points
3. did not score.

So perhaps this defense is not as bad as you are trying to make them out to be. Of course I am counting the game canceled due to the storm, still I think UF would have won that one, how about you?

In addition UF lost at UMo and SoCar who a good coach should beat every year with UF's talent and resources. So throw out the game UF's opponent scored 19 points as that will be o the road this year, I already have UF up to 8 wins. Replace Michigan with another scheduled win and UF is up to 9 wins. Then the issue becomes can UF win one of at Miss State, UGa, at FSU or a bowl game and not blow the game at UTn a program in more disarray than UF's was.

Another way to look at this is should Mullen wit this UF roster lose to:

1-3. Any of the scheduled wins?
4. UK
5. Orgeron?
6. UTn's 10th or whatever choice
7. Miss State with a new coach?
8. UMo at home?
9. Vandy?
10. SoCar and Muschamp?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Another way to look at this is should Mullen wit this UF roster lose to:

1-3. Any of the scheduled wins?
4. UK
5. Orgeron?
6. UTn's 10th or whatever choice
7. Miss State with a new coach?
8. UMo at home?
9. Vandy?
10. SoCar and Muschamp?
3, 4 and 9 maybe
5-8 and 10 likely

He was 50/50 vs Bert (the worst coach in Arky history) and Matt Luke, Ole Piss coach on probation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator