Imagine if we had beaten LSU . . .

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
. . . then we'd be the laughingstock of the country. Treon played very well in that game up until the final drive, but since then, our offense and kicking has gone into freefall.
A summary:
vs. UGA - we were fortunate to play a 3rd string quarterback. Our offense had a couple of good plays without turning it over. No worries about the kicking game.
vs. Vandy - offensive and kicking dumpster fire (except the miraculous final kick)
vs. USC - average offensive performance. Not terrible, not great. I'm thinking maybe the last game was an anamoly
vs. FAU - yes, our offense and kicking truly suck

Question - am I the only one "relieved" that we lost to LSU and don't need to think about the playoffs with such an unbalanced team?

Name and town if you wish to opine.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm really looking forward to facing Bama in Atlanta.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I just posted this in the game thread, but...

Whats more embarrassing is when all the other schools who hate UA are going to be pulling for us to counter UA, thinking we have a shot, only to be annoyed at our loss and the mocking that will rightfully come when our doors are blown off.

It'll be bright lights, national stage whipping boy time.
Still, we gotta take that zzz whipping that is most certainly coming, like a man.
Its coming, be prepared.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Let me make clear that I wasn't rooting for us to lose, but that these feelings are just after the fact emotions based on our quality of play if we were eligible for the playoffs.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wil

Whats more embarrassing is when all the other schools who hate UA are going to be pulling for us to counter UA, thinking we have a shot, only to be annoyed at our loss and the mocking that will rightfully come when our doors are blown off.

Still, we gotta take that zzz whipping that is most certainly coming, like a man.
Its coming, be prepared.

Will.Be.Ugly.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Imagine being 10-1 and not having ungrateful wretches.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Its coming, be prepared.

I live in north Alabama. People would have asked me all year what I thought Florida would do this year. My answer has always been a smug, "Going all the way baby!"
That's what it was last week, that's what it will be next week. And if we lose to Bama as I expect, I'll blame it on some SEC/NCAA conspiracy to keep my Gators down. Never quit!!!

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I live in north Alabama. People would have asked me all year what I thought Florida would do this year. My answer has always been a smug, "Going all the way baby!"
That's what it was last week, that's what it will be next week. And if we lose to Bama as I expect, I'll blame it on some SEC/NCAA conspiracy to keep my Gators down. Never quit!!!

Just trying to keep it real, but message received sir.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If we had beaten LSU, we would look like the worst undefeated team in the history of college football. As it stands now we look like one of the worst 1 loss teams in the history of college football. Look the season has been a huge success record wise and on the field, but just look objectively at say the last 4 weeks and based on what you have seen, if both teams play decently, how bad would Alabama beat UF? Maybe 35-7 or so. And truth be told we might have to score a TD defensively to find the end zone. All the things that we thought would be an issue this season have come to the forefront and are in fact a huge issue.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like this guy would be happy if we had lost a few of these games. I'm THRILLED with 10 wins. It hasn't been pretty but I will take it. Its better than the alternative like Auburn who started the year in the TOP 10 and are now 6-5. We weren't even ranked to begin the year and here we are in the Top 10!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not only are you the only one relieved by the loss to LSU, QueenCity, you have singlehandedly helped catapult the outside view of our fanbase from slightly neurotic to overtly psychotic. Feel free to leave whatever semblance you had left of a Gator card at the door.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCity, I appreciate all the hits. :lol:

I hope you can recover from the beating you've taken with your two threads.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCity, I appreciate all the hits. :lol:

I hope you can recover from the beating you've taken with your two threads.
QueenCity will be just fine. Beloved member with temporary insanity. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.