Impressive list of recruits visited over the weekend

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-hosting-more-than-a-dozen-recruits-saturday

Coming to Gainesville will be the No. 1 athlete in Florida and three of Georgia’s best recruits for 2017.

Four-star receiver/halfback Bruce Judson is visiting UF with Cocoa (Fla.) teammate Jawaan Taylor, a Gators signee. Judson attended Florida’s Junior Day on Jan. 30.

Five-star recruit Deangelo Gibbs, the nation’s No. 2 cornerback, is making the trip from Loganville (Ga.) with his Grayson teammate Breon Dixon, a four-star linebacker committed to Georgia. Gibbs is the second elite cornerback to check out Florida in the past week.

Jefferson High School (Ga.) product Caleb Chandler, a four-star prospect and the No. 4 offensive tackle in Georgia, is also visiting Saturday.

The Gators will host a couple underclassmen with UF offers: 2018 offensive tackle Christian Armstrong and 2019 wide receiver Maurice Goolsby. Armstrong has also been offered by Florida State, Georgia and Tennessee, while Goolsby holds early offers from FSU and North Carolina.

Here’s the full list of visitors for Saturday:

ATH Bruce Judson, 5-9, 202, Cocoa, Fla./Cocoa
WR Gabriel Davis, 6-3, 205, Sanford, Fla./Seminole
OL Nick Brahms, 6-4, 250, Navarre, Fla./Navarre
OL Caleb Chandler, 6-5, 285, Jefferson, Ga./Jefferson
DE DeMarco Artis, 6-4, 220, Seminole, Fla./Seminole
LB K’Jakyre Daley, 6-3, 230, West Palm Beach, Fla./Suncoast
LB Breon Dixon, 6-0, 214, Loganville, Ga./Grayson (Georgia commit)
CB Deangelo Gibbs, 6-2, 204, Loganville, Ga./Grayson
ATH Demetri Burch, 5-11, 181, Apopka, Fla./Apopka
ATH Germane Crowell, 6-3, 180, Winston Salem, N.C./Carver
2018 Christian Armstrong, 6-4, 310, Warner Robins, Ga./Warner Robins
2018 OL Deontrey Hill, 6-4, 320, Warner Robins, Ga./Houston County
2018 DE Jonathan King, 6-3, 220, Tampa, Fla./Tampa Bay Tech
2019 WR Maurice Goolsby, 6-4, 195, Dunnellon, Fla./Dunnellon

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Judson was an OSU commit. They've been pillaging our backyard. It would be great if we can get their three main target/commitments: Judson, Grimes, and Wade.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Judson was an OSU commit. They've been pillaging our backyard. It would be great if we can get their three main target/commitments: Judson, Grimes, and Wade.

I just hope we can go into the fall w/ at least 10 commits....which means we need to get busy. And I agree, I'd love to get some OSU commits. I'm tired of Urban recruiting in our backyard.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Why any parent would let their kid play football for that piece of human waste at Ohio State is beyond me.

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
i hope we sign a better class, it just seems like every year the best players are visiting and end up 8th in the sec, come on gators sign some talent on both sides of scrimmage, thanks

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They should be coming for the Orange & Blue spring game. And being a Friday night game is right up their alley.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe if Foley didn't charge them that application fee, we could get more of the best.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like our new DB coach is getting some talent to take a look... lets see if he can deliver!

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
5* CB Gibbs rated visit a 9 and says he may return for O & B. Previous week a 4* CB canceled his announcement of expected uga commitment after UF visit.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here’s the full list of visitors for Saturday:

ATH Bruce Judson, 5-9, 202, Cocoa, Fla./Cocoa
WR Gabriel Davis, 6-3, 205, Sanford, Fla./Seminole
OL Nick Brahms, 6-4, 250, Navarre, Fla./Navarre
OL Caleb Chandler, 6-5, 285, Jefferson, Ga./Jefferson
DE DeMarco Artis, 6-4, 220, Seminole, Fla./Seminole
LB K’Jakyre Daley, 6-3, 230, West Palm Beach, Fla./Suncoast
LB Breon Dixon, 6-0, 214, Loganville, Ga./Grayson (Georgia commit)
CB Deangelo Gibbs, 6-2, 204, Loganville, Ga./Grayson
ATH Demetri Burch, 5-11, 181, Apopka, Fla./Apopka
ATH Germane Crowell, 6-3, 180, Winston Salem, N.C./Carver
2018 Christian Armstrong, 6-4, 310, Warner Robins, Ga./Warner Robins
2018 OL Deontrey Hill, 6-4, 320, Warner Robins, Ga./Houston County
2018 DE Jonathan King, 6-3, 220, Tampa, Fla./Tampa Bay Tech
2019 WR Maurice Goolsby, 6-4, 195, Dunnellon, Fla./Dunnellon
So, which ones are going to OSU and which are going to Bammer? Or are some 3 stars?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I suspect the kids from Loganville and Jefferson HS are going to end up in Athens. Both about 30 minutes from that sh*t hole.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I suspect the kids from Loganville and Jefferson HS are going to end up in Athens. Both about 30 minutes from that sh*t hole.
Don't worry, that won't stop us from putting all our recruiting efforts on them and ignore the tampa kids.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Don't worry, that won't stop us from putting all our recruiting efforts on them and ignore the tampa kids.

All kidding aside, it is disturbing that (it seems) we're recruiting a lot of out of state kids....when our own state is loaded. I'm not advocating not recruiting some out of state kids, but if we put more effort into the Florida kids I think we'd see more success. Last year we signed 4 of the top 60 kids from the state of Florida. That's inexcusable.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Keep Judson off the roster.Some ppl probably want him because he is a 4*,not me lol

The kid is super talented, no doubt. But if you follow his Twitter account, he seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Super egotistical and very "what have you done for me lately". The only other recruit that gives off that vibe (to me) is Trevon Grimes. But Grimes' tweets are more centered around Johnny-come-latelys. Schools outside of Florida and Ohio State that are ramping up pressure now that he is a big recruit.

Judson is still young though. We'll see.

I should note that although we lead for him (Judson), FSUx is on our heels.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
All kidding aside, it is disturbing that (it seems) we're recruiting a lot of out of state kids....when our own state is loaded. I'm not advocating not recruiting some out of state kids, but if we put more effort into the Florida kids I think we'd see more success. Last year we signed 4 of the top 60 kids from the state of Florida. That's inexcusable.

Absolutely!!!

I also believe that the staff is building relationships with the out of state commits early to provide more options "just in case" we don't land the Florida kids that we wan
The kid is super talented, no doubt. But if you follow his Twitter account, he seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Super egotistical and very "what have you done for me lately". The only other recruit that gives off that vibe (to me) is Trevon Grimes. But Grimes' tweets are more centered around Johnny-come-latelys. Schools outside of Florida and Ohio State that are ramping up pressure now that he is a big recruit.

Judson is still young though. We'll see.

I should note that although we lead for him (Judson), FSUx is on our heels.

No doubt the kid has talent. I just don't see him being an impact slot receiver for us. I could definitely be wrong and have no problem admitting if I am. I believe we take 3-4 receivers this year and Judson would be a last minute "we didn't get our initial guys" option.

James Robinson (UF and Clemson battle)
Trevon Grimes (UF and OSU battle)
Trey Blount (UF,Bama, and UGA battle)
Daquon Green (committed)

those are our top guys

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Absolutely!!!

I also believe that the staff is building relationships with the out of state commits early to provide more options "just in case" we don't land the Florida kids that we wan

No doubt the kid has talent. I just don't see him being an impact slot receiver for us. I could definitely be wrong and have no problem admitting if I am. I believe we take 3-4 receivers this year and Judson would be a last minute "we didn't get our initial guys" option.

James Robinson (UF and Clemson battle)
Trevon Grimes (UF and OSU battle)
Trey Blount (UF,Bama, and UGA battle)
Daquon Green (committed)

those are our top guys

Yep. But I still think we would still bring him in as an athlete. Smaller kids that played quarterback (well) in high school tend to translate well to receiver and defensive back positions in college.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Yep. But I still think we would still bring him in as an athlete. Smaller kids that played quarterback (well) in high school tend to translate well to receiver and defensive back positions in college.

I'm all for him trying to learn db lol !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.