Incoming Freshman Next Year

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We do not know who to pick from until the LOI's are signed. These are 17 year olds makes business decisions based on what our coaching and other coaches are offering them. We do not know who we have until we have then. A verbal commitment doesn't guarantee us or anyone anything.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Given the players we are losing this year, I would say that every single one of them has a chance to contribute. I cannot name one position where I believe we are set for the future, not one other than punter/kicker. Can you?
Are you just talking Defense? If so, I'd have to agree (assuming Jrs. Tabor, Wilson and Brantley are gone), except for the DE position.
DE is looking good with Sherit, Clayton, Zuniga, with CeCe/Polite when they're not filling in at DT.
Every other spot is thin and/or young; I just don't see many of our current commits getting much PT, unless pressed into duty because of injuries to the guys in front of them. Now, if we get a Solomon, a Stewart, someone of that caliber on D, then they'll get lots of PT (post #11).

If you're talking Offense? I think we've got a good core on the O side of the ball, minus the QB position.
WR - Callaway, Cleveland, Powell, Swain, Hammond (and we get the JUCO kid back from injury)
RB - Scarlett & Perine
OL - Taylor, Jordan, McCoy, Ivey
TE - Goolsby & Lewis
QB - LDR, Franks & Trask - this is the weak link, and unfortunately the most critical
I don't really see any current commit getting PT next year. If we get Leatherwood and Robinson, they would get PT (post #11).

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Given the players we are losing this year, I would say that every single one of them has a chance to contribute. I cannot name one position where I believe we are set for the future, not one other than punter/kicker. Can you?
I think we're gonna be ok at running back and wide receiver.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.