Inflation Duration

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OK how about one in the Sandlake/McCoy area with sh!tty schools close to plenty of drug dealers and a small discount for the drive by bullet holes in the doors and windows....:dunno:
Isn't that the house you currently live in? :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Isn't that the house you currently live in? :lol:
Close...which brings up another selling point....we could hang out together....:lol2:
tenor.gif

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Crude Oil is only up $10/barrel today. Not sure what inflation you are referring to???? :lmao2:

upload_2022-3-1_11-59-33.jpeg

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
One week ago.....and it's up another $40! lol

The gas stations that do not have digital price signs have hired away the Sign Spinners and have them standing at their price boards with a long stick ready to change the gas price at any moment. :lmao2:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But, but, but....78 said we'd be all done with trade deficits, supply chain shortages and for the most part inflation concerns by March....oh and that oil stocks were overbought and going to plunge down.....

One thing that hasn’t gone up in price is the cost of rent in your cement head. I live there free. You’ve taken my comment completely out of context not to mention it was made weeks before the Russian invasion.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
One thing that hasn’t gone up in price is the cost of rent in your cement head. I live there free. You’ve taken my comment completely out of context not to mention it was made weeks before the Russian invasion.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Dude the invasion isn't what was causing inflation....it will only prolong it and be a handy excuse for Senile Sid Sir Inflatalot and his policies are at the root of it. Inflation is and will ALWAYS be a monetary issue....Always.
As to a comment you made about "oversold energy stocks" in the other thread I find it hard to believe at your age you haven't learned that the US Dollar has long been tied to petroleum.....oh and of course the mighty printing machine.

See the pattern yet?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Purely anecdotal Sam's Club observation over the last 6 weeks...

We eat a lot of chicken. We used to buy the 6 or 10 lb bags of boneless/skinless breasts from Sam's. But they go kinda weird and huge so we switched to the bags of tenderloins (better portion size for me an the wife). The point is, in that freezer section at Sam's used to ALWAYS have at least one (usually two) full pallet/section of the breasts, another full pallet section of the tenderloins, another of wings. A couple of weeks ago, no tenderloins and no empty section, it was filled with glazed party wings. Last week, no breasts, no tenderloins, no regular wings, just two sections of the glazed party wings. Not sure what the Walmart situation is vs Sam's.

Also during that period, dropped into WinnDixie because they had BOGO on bags of tenderloins... 3 lb bag was $22 for the BOGO "deal."

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Purely anecdotal Sam's Club observation over the last 6 weeks...

We eat a lot of chicken. We used to buy the 6 or 10 lb bags of boneless/skinless breasts from Sam's. But they go kinda weird and huge so we switched to the bags of tenderloins (better portion size for me an the wife). The point is, in that freezer section at Sam's used to ALWAYS have at least one (usually two) full pallet/section of the breasts, another full pallet section of the tenderloins, another of wings. A couple of weeks ago, no tenderloins and no empty section, it was filled with glazed party wings. Last week, no breasts, no tenderloins, no regular wings, just two sections of the glazed party wings. Not sure what the Walmart situation is vs Sam's.,

Also during that period, dropped into WinnDixie because they had BOGO on bags of tenderloins... 3 lb bag was $22 for the BOGO "deal."
Costco very hit and miss over the last 2 months on fresh chix breast, whole pork loins, and NY strip steaks which we always buy fresh. The nice thing about not having pre cut NY Strips was our shopper bought us the whole striploin which I butchered and cut it into better sized steaks for us. We also ended up better on the money end as I cut 13 steaks from the striploin and trimmed down the vein end and side chain and made some nice strip steak tip au poivre over buttered noodles with fontina cheese and portobello mushrooms....mmmm.

But yes everything is very hit and miss.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Costco very hit and miss over the last 2 months on fresh chix breast, whole pork loins, and NY strip steaks which we always buy fresh. The nice thing about not having pre cut NY Strips was our shopper bought us the whole striploin which I butchered and cut it into better sized steaks for us. We also ended up better on the money end as I cut 13 steaks from the striploin and trimmed down the vein end and side chain and made some nice strip steak tip au poivre over buttered noodles with fontina cheese and portobello mushrooms....mmmm.

But yes everything is very hit and miss.
No problem at Sam's on the whole pork loins or NY Strip/striploin... it's been a chicken thing. Also on one of those trips, they didn't have any rotisserie chicken out and none turning in their two massive ovens... that's just weird at Sam's! :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
No problem at Sam's on the whole pork loins or NY Strip/striploin... it's been a chicken thing. Also on one of those trips, they didn't have any rotisserie chicken out and none turning in their two massive ovens... that's just weird at Sam's! :lol:
Weird on the chicken thing for sure. As you mentioned at Sam's and Costco it's been spotty yet our local Publix seems to always have plenty although the price is through the roof. Maybe Sam's and Costco's buyers aren't getting the pricing they want and are content to push their profit into other meats or pork where their margin is higher? It's not like someone is leaving one of the wholesale club type stores without loading up on something.

I spent about 1.5 years selling wholesale seafood to a couple of grocery store chains and Costco's in our local area and was shocked at how they would buy fresh Salmon, Swordfish, Scallops and other items from me only to sell them on a weekly display at less than they paid for them from me....I'm sure they were making it up on their paper towels or, toilet paper or somewhere else in the mega stores.

On a side note I wonder when we see the peak on meat prices since I'd imagine feed prices have got to be going through the roof..

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Perhaps the lack of chicken has to do with so many birds having to be killed b/c of another Bird Flu? Just a thought, as it has been make the rounds latelty. Tyson stock down about 14 bux the last month?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Early warning.....I'm hearing inflation(CPI) will be even higher for March based on preliminary info as well as a negative GDP reading....November can't come fast enough...

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Perhaps the lack of chicken has to do with so many birds having to be killed b/c of another Bird Flu? Just a thought, as it has been make the rounds latelty. Tyson stock down about 14 bux the last month?
Swung by Walmart today... 4 bags of chicken breasts. Only other non-breaded chicken was wings. $24 for 10 lb bag. 20220321_122548.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.