Irony of Bowl Selection

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
This just crossed my mind and my bad if it was talked about in an earlier thread but does anyone want to kick the Gator Bowl reps in the balls?

Last year we were slated to go to the bowl but because we had a coaching change they decided against us and put a 6-6 team in there that we beat instead of us forcing us to go to Birmingham....

Fast forward to this year and the same exact quandary happened and low and behold; the Gator Bowl selected a team that is going through a coaching change.

Double Standard D-Bags

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The new coach head to head drama was too much for them to pass up. It's as simple as that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Citrus Bowl is a better Bowl game than the Gator Bowl. Citrus picked us, and Gator Bowl got the left overs.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What's even funnier is that in two straight seasons, two different teams with Muschamp on the staff have gone to the Birmingham Bowl, and he won't have coached in either of them.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What's even funnier is that in two straight seasons, two different teams with Muschamp on the staff have gone to the Birmingham Bowl, and he won't have coached in either of them.

You get the feeling he doesn't like Birmingham?
:giggle:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I really despise this guy and we have like 3 threads running. The dude is the pox of team sports.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Citrus Bowl is a better Bowl game than the Gator Bowl. Citrus picked us, and Gator Bowl got the left overs.

Im simply mentioning how they did it compared to laat year. Citrus is better i know and im glad we are there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know Citrus is "better" but it sucks, and Orlando sucks.

Last edited:

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Why is no one upset that we are not in the Sugar Bowl because they beat msu and lsu which is a team we would beat by two touchdowns now, We manhandled OleMiss and we deserve to be ranked higher than them.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why is no one upset that we are not in the Sugar Bowl because they beat msu and lsu which is a team we would beat by two touchdowns now, We manhandled OleMiss and we deserve to be ranked higher than them.
What team are we beating by 2 touchdowns now? We can't even score touchdowns on offense!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
All of this. I have never understood how this bowl is one of the "better" ones.
This bowl was at one time considered the best of the non BCS Bowls and was within a hair of becoming a BCS Bowl back in the day. The stadium is run down and in a neighborhood that makes the old Orange Bowl look safe. The only benefit of ever seeing a football game there is being off campus they serve beer....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.