Irony of Bowl Selection

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What team are we beating by 2 touchdowns now? We can't even score touchdowns on offense!

I agree. I don't want to see us on a national stage facing offenses like that. We won't be able to keep up.

This is a better fit.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
When is the last time you've been there?
Haven't been in 4 or 5 years. I get tickets every year and usually just give them away. Just gave 8 tickets away for this game and might give my last 2 away also. Probably just watch from home.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Haven't been in 4 or 5 years. I get tickets every year and usually just give them away. Just gave 8 tickets away for this game and might give my last 2 away also. Probably just watch from home.
Are you aware that 85% of the stadium was completely torn down and redone about a year ago?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Still a dump in a god awful area. If I could close down our business and leave Orlando I'd be gone in a heartbeat....
Most football stadiums aren't exactly in the most affluent of locations in any city, so I'm not sure what you are looking for here.

What about it makes it a dump to you, considering that you haven't even seen the stadium which is 85% brand new?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Most football stadiums aren't exactly in the most affluent of locations in any city, so I'm not sure what you are looking for here.

What about it makes it a dump to you, considering that you haven't even seen the stadium which is 85% brand new?
You can polish a turd all you want but it will still stink. Do you live in Orlando, Urg? I'm sorry if I'm offending you in any way, but this city sucks so bad I don't even like leaving the house with my family....

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You can polish a turd all you want but it will still stink. Do you live in Orlando, Urg? I'm sorry if I'm offending you in any way, but this city sucks so bad I don't even like leaving the house with my family....
You're not offending me, I'm genuinely curious where you are coming from with it.
Particularly with the stadium itself. Literally the only thing that remained was the upper deck, the cheap seats. The rest of it is completely new and far better than the old stadium, it's night and day different.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You're not offending me, I'm genuinely curious where you are coming from with it.
Particularly with the stadium itself. Literally the only thing that remained was the upper deck, the cheap seats. The rest of it is completely new and far better than the old stadium, it's night and day different.
Why would you tear down 85% of anything and not just tear the whole thing down? Sounds like everything else about this rotten cesspool town.....halfassery at it's finest, But with dingleberry leadership it's not shocking.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why would you tear down 85% of anything and not just tear the whole thing down? Sounds like everything else about this rotten cesspool town.....halfassery at it's finest, But with dingleberry leadership it's not shocking.
So what you are saying here is you don't really know what you're talking about, you just hate Orlando :lol:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'm glad we're not in the Sugar Bowl. We'd get embarrassed as bad, or worse, than the last two games. Keep us out of that spotlight for this year, please.

Citrus Bowl was one of the better bowls just outside of the BCS bowls. What puzzles me is if they are among the B+ bowls, and they just remade their stadium, why the fk did they keep seating so low? Heck yes it sold out, it seats less fans than 12 of the SEC schools I believe. And they pull in an SEC-B1G matchup expecting what kind of attendance? Now they are in scramble mode to add additional seating? Really.

I'd like to know how much of that sellout crowd is MICH fans desperate to get out of the cold. I have a feeling the stadium will be 70-80% MICH fans as UF fans simply don't care that much to see an offensively anemic team get hammered by MICH. Rather stay home, watch on tv with a dozen other games, and save the money for next year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm glad we're not in the Sugar Bowl. We'd get embarrassed as bad, or worse, than the last two games. Keep us out of that spotlight for this year, please.

Citrus Bowl was one of the better bowls just outside of the BCS bowls. What puzzles me is if they are among the B+ bowls, and they just remade their stadium, why the fk did they keep seating so low? Heck yes it sold out, it seats less fans than 12 of the SEC schools I believe. And they pull in an SEC-B1G matchup expecting what kind of attendance? Now they are in scramble mode to add additional seating? Really.

I'd like to know how much of that sellout crowd is MICH fans desperate to get out of the cold. I have a feeling the stadium will be 70-80% MICH fans as UF fans simply don't care that much to see an offensively anemic team get hammered by MICH. Rather stay home, watch on tv with a dozen other games, and save the money for next year.
Big 10 schools typically bring about 40-45k to games in this stadium......great planning to reduce seats huh? Typical of anything here in Mouseville....

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

There is a platform on the north end of the stadium that can either be used for "standing room" type space, or they can add temporary seating if they want. I'm not sure I'd call that a scramble, it's the way it was designed.
The amount of seating has to do with comfort over crowd size. Everything except for the upperdeck has individual seating with seat backs, as opposed to only bench seating on a flat piece of aluminum, with no seat backs.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I bet it will still be 50/50, after the last 4 years it is a ray of hope. UF in Orlando alone will go to the game. It's not the Gator Bowl or Birmingham bowl. The offense will hopefully be better with an extra month to prepare.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Get your facts right, URG. This article says 90% new. http://www.orlandocitrusbowl.com/about/reconstruction
Also, the way you're defending it, I think you had some involvement with the planning, design or construction of it. :bart:

:lol:

I wasn't even really planning on defending it. I was genuinely curious about why he was so adamant about it. Turns out crete just doesn't like people or cities in general lol

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
South Florida sucks, too. There's no shortage of suckage in this state once you get away from the Gulf Coast.
:lol:

I am from here, lived here virtually my entire life, except for a 4 month stay near Boston, in the middle of the friggin winter :suicide:

But honestly, long term, I too would probably rather be somewhere else. If it wasnt for the company I work for, I'd probably already be behind enemy lines somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator