Is Florida the best SEC Team that nobody is talking about?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know. We're definitely the biggest question mark. Do we finally have depth on the o-line? Do we have a quarterback? Do we have enough size and depth on the D line?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I don't know. We're definitely the biggest question mark. Do we finally have depth on the o-line? Do we have a quarterback? Do we have enough size and depth on the D line?
My biggest concerns are Right Tackle and Defensive Tackle. Fred Johnson is liability in pass protection and it doesn't look like we have anyone to replace him. Jawann Taylor was told the other day to get ready to play Tackle but we recruited him to play Guard. So...the coaches must feel he's a liability by telling Taylor that.

At DT... Brantley should be damn good but the Talent/Depth behind him is AVG at best! Hopefully Clark will step up and give us a solid #2 at DT.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think we probably are the best team nobody is talking about. If Del Rio can succeed at QB behind a solid OL then we have the possibility of being an elite team. Our secondary will be fantastic and if we stay healthy at the LB position then we are strong there. Add in a Dline which should be very good and we could be a dangerous team. The OL is really the big question to me. If we protect the QB and can run the ball... watch out!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You know that the chump will try to take credit…

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Best front seven in all of college football?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There are a ton of valid points in the article. Whether or not we put it all together and have a great season remains to be seen. But most of the question marks we have, we also had last year. While it's fair to say we still need improvement, the fact is those questionable areas, combined with our positives, were enough to win the East last year. I think it's ridiculous to think all the teams around us have improved, while we haven't. We're not a slam dunk to repeat by any means, but we should probably be in the mix a lot more than we have been to date.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we'll have one of the best defensive lines in college football but linebacker is a question mark outside of Davis.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
There are a ton of valid points in the article. Whether or not we put it all together and have a great season remains to be seen. But most of the question marks we have, we also had last year. While it's fair to say we still need improvement, the fact is those questionable areas, combined with our positives, were enough to win the East last year. I think it's ridiculous to think all the teams around us have improved, while we haven't. We're not a slam dunk to repeat by any means, but we should probably be in the mix a lot more than we have been to date.

This. I don't get how other writers will assume the question marks surrounding ut and uga will likely work themselves out while Florida has to show it on the field before they're willing to believe. I just hope the doubters are motivating Mac and Co.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So the week before UT & UGa these spundips are gonna have us as underdogs ?
Fine with me.

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014
How can this be? Everyone know Tennessee is going to win the east. All the experts say so. They should just give them the title now and we can go back to 3* recruiting.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
this is going to piss a lot of people off, but given some depth issues on defense, we're going to need to run a ball control offense this year. Our defense got knocked around last year and the accumulation took it's toll. Not saying we need to run the ball like Chump, but more like the '06 NC game with short/moderate passing to compliment a run game. Also, not saying we just need to hold the ball either. Just that we need to be deliberate and work a drive and not worry about a homerun.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, IMO we could be pretty good on defense or terrible if we have a few injuries at te wrong position (DT and inside LB).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.