Is the age of run-out-the-clock football finally over?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
God, I hope so.

If you've got a talented QB and receivers there's never really any reason to stop passing the ball no matter what your lead or game situation.
For all the noise, SOS was 50/50, though of course more of the running game came in the second half, after the game was essentially over in the middle of the 2nd quarter.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
I dont know ... I kinda think that Clemson was just a lot better than Bama last night instead of making this win a lot more than it really is? I saw a different game I guess. I saw one DL harrassing a QB while the other DL barely getting close to the other QB. Thought Locksley called a bad game too.
Right. Bama D line didnt show up. The D coach tried to scheme too much instead of just balling. Add in the critical early mistakes by Tua and thats that. Oh and Sunshine played the game of his life with receivers on point.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Bama was running at will, except on 4th down in the red zone ;)

Probably their 2nd-worst play call of the night: why run Tua when he's still recovering from surgery to his ankle less than a month ago and needs to gain 4 yards against a fast defense that was flying to the ball?!?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
God, I hope so.

If you've got a talented QB and receivers there's never really any reason to stop passing the ball no matter what your lead or game situation.

SOS likes the way you think.

giphy.gif

Alex.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That game was closer than the score.

Hear me out.

'Bama was gashing them in the running game. A couple of missed PI/holding calls that would have given 'Bama 14 points when the game was still in doubt. Some terrible play calling by Mike Locksley. A bad kicker. Some insane plays by Klimpson on 3rd and Grantham.

It was just one of those nights for 'Bama. All the luck they had against UGA the last couple of years finally abandoned them.

Ding dong the witch is dead? Sorry folks. 'Bama ain't close to dead. They're freakin' loaded everywhere on the field and have more depth than anybody in the country. Klimpson is losing 5 DL to the NFL this year. Their offense will be great next year but they will be rebuilding their DL just like 'Bama was rebuilding their secondary this year.

I don't think Saban is going to abandon his power running scheme. I think this loss probably pushes him back towards his roots. I can imagine him on his headset on the sideline next year screaming at his OC to "run the damn ball" because that's how he thinks they should have beaten Klimpson's DL...by power running right at them to wear them out and neutralize their pass rush.

I hope Swonk is right but I don't think Saban is going to do anything different except throw the ball less next year.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator