Is this it for Spurrier?

beteez

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
USCE 0-2 in SEC. I do not see them beating anyone besides Vandy. At 70 does he have a rebuilding effort in him?

C

Clayton Aldridge

Founding Member
Founding Member
Steve needs to go home to Crescent Beach, and enjoy being with his wife, kids, and grand kids. He's had a great career. Time to go.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier doesn't want to be AD. When he's done coaching, he's play'n golf the rest of his life.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Getting embarrassed by JawJah must have caused him a sleepless night wondering if hanging on at SC is worth the agony. This season will do nothing for his career W-L record.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think he is done, but he'll go on his own terms. He's done too much for that program, they already have it in place to name the field after him when he does hang it up.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
[youtube]UBXenNZwBv8[/youtube]

Just doesn't seem to have the energy anymore. No passion left. "We got clobbered. Any questions?" sounds like a Bobby Bowden press conference at he end of his career when he was getting beat by Wake Forest.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n282179 said:
I think hes got another30 years left in him.

As University of Florida Athletic Director......come on home OBC where you really belong and are loved. We have good assistants to help you with everything. Play all the golf you want to.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Here's some possibility-thinking : University of Anywhere has a program setting several "First Time Ever records
at losing - - including a 4-8 season. So a new coach is hired with ensuing mysteries about his abilities to HC.
Steve will return to resurrect USCe with ensuing fan-base faith and excitement. He's a proven SEC HC. Steve
will not leave everybody with this taste of a poor season in their "beaks".

All Steve (& USCe) needs is better recruiting appeals -- gotta pitch to the kid's parents & kids as to the
great experience of playing for a sure HOF HC. A man of great character in all Life aspects. Once Steve
gets the players, you know USCe will become an SEC power to reckon with. USC has the most highly
recognized HC in the sports world. Seems to me any highly regarded national HC & TV pundit will
"testify" in glowing terms their high regard for SOS as one of the Greats = The Ball Coach is Steve's
fully adopted nickname. USCe should gather some filmed "sound bites'" of those famous HCs,
USCe NFL alumni, and TV Pundits as a "quicky" video to be shown to all potential recruits with their
parents.

= = There's no better football "human being" than SOS to resurrect any progam. What if Steve had
contacted UF when "Muzzlechomp" was fired to say he'd love to come put UF's program right.
Would anyone doubt that he's be the best qualified to do that ? Steve & USCe will rise again &
probably by the ending of this season.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think this is it for SOS. You can just see it on his face and he's not having fun. Come on home and play some golf.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure he's on the verge of calling it quits, but I'm also sure he would hate to go out this way. He's wanted desperately to win an SEC crown at USC, as he's always been about doing things that haven't been done before.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You know what? SOS gave them highs they never had. Ten win seasons bowl games each year. National recognition. F the chickens. His legacy is UF. He aint gonna win it up there now without a miracle. Bring him home. He gave the chickens his all.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You hate to see it or even say it or even mention it but it looks like the ole ball coach has seen the abyss...and this is the end.

No reason to hang his head...he is an all-time great. A gameday master and a Gator legend. It will be a sad day and the coaching world be less when it happens but alas...the time is very near.

Please do not hang around like Bowden and soil your name and your underwear. Walk into the sunset of greatness and we shall always praise the name Spurrier.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's old and tired but still a great "play caller".

I Love Steve but it's time for him to "hang um up".

He's too old to be AD anywhere, especially UF. Let it go.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
deuce;n282344 said:
He's old and tired but still a great "play caller".

I Love Steve but it's time for him to "hang um up".

He's too old to be AD anywhere, especially UF. Let it go.

Yep. Knowing when to get out is as important knowing when to get in.

Gator Wray

Big Member
Nov 21, 2014
the HBC is 85–47 at So Carolina, Buddy Martin on the Radio stated that He wants to coach until he has 100 wins. He would be the only College coach to have 100 wins at Two Different schools. So looks like two/three more years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.