Is this it for Spurrier?

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
He's great for college football when he is winning (as long as it's not against us). He still has the mind but the passion and energy to maintain a winning program--especially in the SEC--is fading. That presser reminded me a lot of his comments after winning the Orange Bowl --just before he resigned from UF. Maybe he's once again taking heat for not living up to the expectations that he built. Either way, I wish him well. He is BY FAR the greatest Gator of all time.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Utter morons on their board thinking they have a shot at Chip Kelly if the Eagles let him go and SOS retires......dumbasses.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He had to have known how difficult this season was going to be based on the amount of talent that left after last year. I don't think he's ready to hang it up just yet but I definitely know he's not AD material -- here, there or anywhere. That's for people who love hunkering down with the details, of which Spurrier is the least inclined. We'd probably be broke in two years. :lol:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
gardnerwebbgator;n282468 said:
Utter morons on their board thinking they have a shot at Chip Kelly if the Eagles let him go and SOS retires......dumbasses.
Amazing that they want Kelly after today's game. Eagles had about seven yds rushing and about 100 passing late in the Fourth quarter. Analyst asking what Kelly was going to do for a QB given Bradford's performance.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n282468 said:

Kinda sounds like this board last year.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When the once ultra-proud Spurrier announced at his post-Georgia loss press conference that he was "open to suggestions" on how to get the offense going, that was all I needed to hear; he's done. I want him to come home, get the field named after him, and let us love on him once or twice a year for the rest of his life. I'd also like to see a coaching-related statue of Spurrier around the stadium. I know he has his player statue, but he needs to be permanently honored as a coach too.

Here's my proposal for the statue: must have one with him wearing a visor.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Doesn't his son coach?

How's this for an option, he steps back to OC for his son somewhere in an effort to get his son's coaching career up and going a bit while scaling back the demand on himself as no longer being the HBC. It allows him to still call the plays, develop the players he wants, but it's basically a mentoring gig with less stress. Not sure the competitive part of his personality would allow him to not be at a top school and in total control, but it's an option.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ancient Reptile;n282480 said:
Amazing that they want Kelly after today's game. Eagles had about seven yds rushing and about 100 passing late in the Fourth quarter. Analyst asking what Kelly was going to do for a QB given Bradford's performance.

TT is no doubt laughing at them, while praying for them of course.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n282482 said:
Kinda sounds like this board last year.

Difference is UF had the money to pay him, USC doesn't. That young coach at Memphis might be a good choice for them if SOS steps aside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.