It's time to move on

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What's sad is this Napier experiment has made me conclude that Zook wasn't as bad as we all thought he was as a head coach (because he was smart enough to hire an O.C. to call plays and he got the f*** out of the way and let them coach). He also was on point with Special Teams. This Napsack disaster has also awoken me to the fact Shark Boy and Mullen were much better than we deemed them to be. Yes, both had their faults and were odd balls, but in the end they both still got us to Atlanta and we had winning records except for their final seasons each.

With that being said, the "culture" with Shark Boy and Mullen was definitely not what we want and late 2020 (Shoe toss...) and 2021, the lack of discipline was ugly. But I can remember Mullen laying into Grantham many times with rage and fury, but have we even seen Napier display one ounce of emotion/fury or passion towards any assistants or players? Nope. Dude is way too relaxed and I hate it. I miss the visor tosses and headset tosses from previous coaches. And his press conferences have become a joke. Dude can't even acknowledge his team keeps costing us games due to mental errors and lack of discipline. He projects and/or gives the same bull**** company line of "...this is a teaching moment that we'll all learn from..."

Head Coach of the Florida Gators shouldn't be an "on the job training" position. Have your **** together and utilize our resources, reputation, talent, etc. and lead the program and our current Head Clown is in so far over his head that it's embarrassing.

Either fire Napsack this week or force him to fire his staff, including his Strength and Conditioning staff and hire a new O.C. who calls plays and is fearless in their play calling. But I'm of the notion that firing him now is best move forward when we already know he'll be fired next year. Sasse needs to do what the GA Tech President did last year...fired both the A.D. and football coach simultaneously. Time for new blood and a "reset".
Firing his entire staff isn’t going to happen and even if it did it gives the impression it isn’t Billy’s fault but everyone around him making all the mistakes . Which is obviously absurd . On top of that I shudder to think who he would bring in when this staff is his A team. Unfortunately your last couple sentences really hit the nail on the head . It’s not going to work with this coach .

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Firing his entire staff isn’t going to happen and even if it did it gives the impression it isn’t Billy’s fault but everyone around him making all the mistakes . Which is obviously absurd . On top of that I shudder to think who he would bring in when this staff is his A team. Unfortunately your last couple sentences really hit the nail on the head . It’s not going to work with this coach .
At this point no experienced coach that’s worth a damn will want to hitch on to this dumpster fire. Best case would be swapping the young coaches we have for another young crop. Billy’s still in charge, though. It is hard for me to envision any good coming out of prolonging his tenure. In fact, the longer this drags on, the harder it becomes to turn. Rome’s burning and all I can hear is a fiddle.

RivalFlorida

We got weights in fish!
Aug 30, 2018
Look at the end of last season, we all thought that Billy should (1) fire a few staff members, (2) hire an OC, and (3) find a special teams coordinator. The only thing that happened was a new DC--who sucks--replaced the old DC--that also sucked.

Billy didn't make necessary changes after the season and the Gators looked like **** in 2022. Clock management was bad in 2022, play calling was bad, no in game adjustments in 2022, and a lack of attention to detail--sloppy play.

I was totally underwhelmed that Billy didn't make personnel moves after the 2022 meltdown.

There were others that wanted to give Billy a pass, but I could see the issues and the lack of addressing issues in the offseason.

We are at the same point this season that we were at last season.

I agree with your statement, "its not going to work with this coach."

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
At this point no experienced coach that’s worth a damn will want to hitch on to this dumpster fire. Best case would be swapping the young coaches we have for another young crop. Billy’s still in charge, though. It is hard for me to envision any good coming out of prolonging his tenure. In fact, the longer this drags on, the harder it becomes to turn. Rome’s burning and all I can hear is a fiddle.
What about crickets?

crickets GIF

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Boosters should be gathering. I expect to hear something by lunchtime tomorrow

The people running the program don’t really listen to “The Boosters” anymore. They listen to ESPN only and I assume that ESPN thinks it’s cool that UF sucks at football.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And does he ever show any real emotion? Does he ever get his team fired up? It’s like he sleepwalking out there

Did anyone else see what FSU did at the beginning of halftime?

Norvell gathered his team on the sideline and said literally a few words and then every member of the team took his fist and beat it against his chest several times. Every player immediately smiled and appeared completely rejuvenated.
At that moment any thought/wish I had for victory went out of the window. It was apparent that there was a collective commitment associated with the motion by the players.

I realized that we were done because I assumed that Billy was in our locker room telling our guys about what a privilege it is to play college football which he does before every game.
How in the he!! does that motivate guys to play harder?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Did anyone else see what FSU did at the beginning of halftime?

NorveLLLL gathered his team on the sideline and said literally a few words and then every member of the team took his fist and beat it against his chest several times. Every player immediately smiled and appeared completely rejuvenated.
At that moment any thought/wish I had for victory went out of the window. It was apparent that there was a collective commitment associated with the motion by the players.

I realized that we were done because I assumed that Billy was in our locker room telling our guys about what a privilege it is to play college football which he does before every game. How in the he!! does that motivate guys to play harder?
I miss the macelshark half time naps. At least we would win a few games afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.