It's time to move on

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Along with the major staff change, UF needs to get 4-5 very solid OL transfers. With exception of Barber and Waites, the returners are weak, slow and unatheletic. Then the Gators might have decent OL play.
This concerns me the most. To some extent I understand Billy wanting to build for the future with his own players through recruiting. However, you can’t do that in today’s college football. He has to address the o-line in the transfer portal or it’s going to be an even worse offense next year no matter who is starting at QB.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Dear Lord, sweet, Baby Jesus, for so long you have shined your Light on the Florida Gators. Lately, I see what you have done for others (i.e. Bama in the Iron Bowl - holy cow!- UGA going for a three-peat, Nulls). Have The forsaken us? Does the sun not shine on the Gators no more? If it is thy infinite will to strike down our coach in order to smite our enemies, we beseech you. Hear us, dear sweet Baby Jesus, our laments and sufferings, and forgive us our sins of arrogance and Aaron Hernandez. Bring us back to the Glory days of Saint Tim Tebow and the weekly Bible-Study BBQ's at Urban's house. For thine is the power and glory, forever and ever. AMEN.
O God, ease our suffering in this, our moment of great despair. Yea, admit another lost season of our dashed hopes into thine arms in the flock in thine heavenly area up there. And Moab, he laid its down by the band of the Canaanites, and yea, though the Hindus speak of karma, I implore you. Help us forget.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
As a coach:

Bell became the head football coach at Western Carolina in 2021. The Catamounts had not won more than three games for several seasons until Bell led them to their first winning record in six years in 2022 and 2023.
Great UF legacy but I'd slit my wrists if we hired Bell.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
We don't need a guy named Fish, or Bell or some other guy who the moon and stars lined up for a year and will be outta a job by 2026 like the west coast guys mentioned in here.....ONE CALL...AND YOU DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER....

Ohio State Football GIF
He should most definitely be the first call with a boatload of cash.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
This concerns me the most. To some extent I understand Billy wanting to build for the future with his own players through recruiting. However, you can’t do that in today’s college football. He has to address the o-line in the transfer portal or it’s going to be an even worse offense next year no matter who is starting at QB.
I remember Herbstreit mentioning our linemen were big but seemed slow and that was during the Utah game, like he could see it our first game. My recollection is he was talking about it while our defense was on the field. Regardless, the way opposing DLs run through our OL, it makes sense that they are slow as well.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I remember Herbstreit mentioning our linemen were big but seemed slow and that was during the Utah game, like he could see it our first game. My recollection is he was talking about it while our defense was on the field. Regardless, the way opposing DLs run through our OL, it makes sense that they are slow as well.
The UF O Line this season possessed a terrible trifecta: Slow, Unathletic and Physically not strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.