It's time to move on

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
That loser makes $1.7M and is signed til 2027. No way we're spending $5M to get rid of him.
It looks like UF would only be on the hook for a portion of the contract if they jettison this loser. Who signed this moron to that lengthy extension anyway? I am guessing ha\\lfve of that money can be stolen from the change cups that the Krishnas have out on 13th St. on Friday afternoons.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Ox logged into his account. :lol:
Disgusted Paris Hilton GIF

I hope he wore protection.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm not arguing we have championship caliber talent, but we have 7-5 or 8-4 level talent. And yet here we are, 5-7.

I don't understand how anybody could take an objective look at this program and not come to the conclusion that the problem is the head coach.
Pretty accurate assessment. We have depth and talent issues for sure but I see the bigger problem is lack of development and poor coaching....We see the same bad tackling, same bad coverage, same bad offensive line play, same terrible game management and situational playcalling....week after week after week...It's been 25 games and while I'm sure any other coach would still have some work to do here with the roster, rotation and such this hasn't gotten ONE bit better...not one. If it hasn't gotten any better in 25 attempts it just most likely won't at all.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
When the whole team sucks week after week in essentially all facets of the game, you don't have a player problem, you have a coaching problem. We all know this. Why do we keep talking about getting better players?

It. Ain't. The. Players.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
It looks like UF would only be on the hook for a portion of the contract if they jettison this loser. Who signed this moron to that lengthy extension anyway? I am guessing ha\\lfve of that money can be stolen from the change cups that the Krishnas have out on 13th St. on Friday afternoons.

His base and retention equals about $5 mil.

There aren’t many Krishna’s around anymore. I counted 5 at the last game.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I find it hard to believe that anything coming from that piece of Toilet Paper would be credible at all. Any place that housed Fat Tooley and Robbie Andreu for half a century can't be relied upon.

Dooley won a Pulitzer Prize in 1986. Not sure you should be criticizing him. He’s a decorated journalist of the highest order.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Moving on does not promise any more success than we had w/ Mullens or McSharkelwain. I expect plenty of changes on the staff and roster but I want to wait until he fails w/ his own recruits before moving on. We played young, we lost games. I am hoping to see as many changes to the staff as possible, but changing head coaches just doesn't guarantee 10 wins next year. I think Napier's biggest problem is his assistants. They all suck because players are still making stupid plays and stupid fouls.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
I was wrong about Billy N. After the Utah game last year I said to everyone around me: "we're in good hands."
He repeatedly plays to the team's weaknesses. It's not intentional--he just doesn't have it. But a sadist would do exactly the same thing, intentionally and for pleasure.

tharber

Oct 10, 2020
BN is not going to get fired this year. Our season was terrible and was lower than we expected but since he has such a promising incoming class and had zero drama these last few years, he is getting a pass.

BN's expectations this offseason and next year will be very much higher than previously. He MUST get the ship righted and hire some talented coaching staff. I will not say he has been required to hire an OC but he will be required to hire an OC. It needs to a splash hire and someone that can get the ball down field. I'll toss the names Dana Holgorsen, Matt Wells and Will Stein but thats pure guesses at this point. Dana would be my 1st pick and whoever it is will need to have HC potential just in case BN fails again this upcoming season. DC is up in the air but given the lack of talent, Armstrong will probbly be OK but will need to make some position hires to help his cause.

This will be a critical offseason for BN. We all hope he lands the class that we have been told is incoming. We need the talent and he needs to win.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
BN sold UF on the idea that increased quantity of staffers and multiple coaches at multiple positions would translate to quality play on the field.

25 games in and none of what he promised to show us has materialized in any consistent fashion. NONE.

Lots of people doing lots of jobs, but it’s not amounting to anything because the coaching staff at the top of the pyramid just ain’t that good.

If he doesn’t get the axe he only survives if he looks in the mirror, accepts his mistakes and shortcomings so he dumps useless staff and coaches and gets an OC, a ST coach, better SC, and replaces whoever is just not coaching guys up at their positions.

Things need to get streamlined because it’s all just a disorganized mess on the field.

If he doesn’t have the character to reevaluate, self-reflect, and change what’s not working, he’s never going to have the character to win.

He needs to be asked point blank if he is willing to make staff alterations in terms of personnel and responsibilities. If he says no, it’s time to move on….

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:bananawave:

Wash, rinse, repeat....... Not 1 bit of change since last year.

I have no Fuks left to give right now.

I'm not overly optimistic but I think we will be better next year. The question is, " will any improvement be enough to please the Fan base?"
Short answer........ No

SBB has lost the fan base, especially on GC.

He just doesn't have the personality, ability or pizazz that UF fans want.

I hate to start over again but I think that's where we will be after next season. This is what having a cheap Administration gets you.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
That loser makes $1.7M and is signed til 2027. No way we're spending $5M to get rid of him.
Wait, what? Why is an executive at a public institution making so much freaking money? And why on Earth does he deserve a guaranteed contract? He's not talent. He's front office. Crazy. How bout he gets two weeks notice and six months severance pay to get the fuch out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator