It's time to officially fire up the head coaching search. Who you got?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
We won’t know until the end of year #3. Not sure about you, but I’m not supporting a five- to seven-year rebuild. This isn’t a weight-loss clinic, it’s a top seven college football program.

Let’s be honest. Mullen is not a dynamic recruiter. He never will be and he’s made some questionable calls on support staff. His offense is quarterback centric and limited in scope, which places a heavy burden on recruiting the type of players that fit. Any comparisons to Spurrier, who scratched plays in the dirt and made it go regardless of personnel, are null and void.

No question Mullen’s squeezed much from his talent. We’re back enough front and center in the college football universe. We’re relevant. It’s time to take the next step and start beating the really good opponents. I don’t want to hear any more excuses. They run out next year.

Just make it happen.
Did LSU last year and Auburn this year not count? Even FSU is supposedly way more talented.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’m keeping up just fine. You kept your tickets through two mediocre coaches - all the way through - then dropped them when a guy that hurt your feelings (through secondhand information) was hired. Chump wasn’t stopping other teams from winning the east, why keep them?

Edit: I figured it out. Megan Mullen tried to kiss you on the cheek, didn’t she? It made you uncomfortable and years later, under an alias, you wrote a blog about it. It’s gonna be ok.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did LSU last year and Auburn this year not count? Even FSU is supposedly way more talented.

Marginally. LSU was in transition and Auburn overrated. We both know the game we need to win year after year if we’re to reach our goals.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Marginally. LSU was in transition and Auburn overrated. We both know the game we need to win year after year if we’re to reach our goals.
Oh, so we’re qualifying big games now. Got it.

We need to beat UGA, totally agree. Been taking care of the rest of the rivals though.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

In theory, they’re all winnable. So my statement is technically inaccurate. We could never lose again. Really nothing stopping us.

But, no, I don’t personally think many coaches, and certainly no one available that year, was winning more than 10. Obviously that’s subjective, so I don’t mind someone disagreeing. I just don’t know why we had so many people calling for anything from 6-6 to 8-4 going into year one, but suddenly 10-3 is/was “meh”. I’m not thrilled with everything and have made that known. I just don’t see it as being as bad as others. That’s fine. I imagine if we’re taking time to post here we care, so we can have differing views.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, so we’re qualifying big games now. Got it.

We need to beat UGA, totally agree. Been taking care of the rest of the rivals though.

Have we? We lost to LSU in a game that thoroughly exposed our defensive shortcomings.

I’ll be more to the point. We want to be elite. Whether the incremental approach is going to work is anyone’s guess.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
In theory, they’re all winnable. So my statement is technically inaccurate. We could never lose again. Really nothing stopping us.

But, no, I don’t personally think many coaches, and certainly no one available that year, was winning more than 10. Obviously that’s subjective, so I don’t mind someone disagreeing. I just don’t know why we had so many people calling for anything from 6-6 to 8-4 going into year one, but suddenly 10-3 is/was “meh”. I’m not thrilled with everything and have made that known. I just don’t see it as being as bad as others. That’s fine. I imagine if we’re taking time to post here we care, so we can have differing views.
Same with this year. Lots of 10-2/9-3 predictions. We’re on track for that but now its unacceptable.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
So now your argument is that only people who knew about football - and predicted impending doom - dropped their season tickets? We must have a lot of smart fans. Or, they were tired of 7 years of BS and the AC seemed like a better option. Of course, 87k against Vandy - and that looked legit - is nothing to sneeze at. Must be us uneducated fans filling the gap for you quitters... I mean football savvy fans.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Based on what I’ve seen, Mullen is capable of getting enough points on the board on offense as it should take to win most games, even against the top teams in the conference (and country). But the defense has not been good enough to keep the top opponents from scoring when they need to in order to win those biggest games.

it’s pretty much the same thing SOS experienced until the Nebraska NC game. It was enough to make SOS realize that he needed a top caliber defensive coordinator to get to the top.

Whether Mullen will figures that out during his UF tenure remains to be seen.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Same with this year. Lots of 10-2/9-3 predictions. We’re on track for that but now its unacceptable.

Unacceptable to be wearing the wrong wrist bands, have 12 men on the field and then 10. Then, add insult to injury, burn valuable timeouts as a result. Unacceptable to have as many silly mental penalties as we had.

We knew we didn’t match up favorably in terms of personnel. The preparedness for Georgia was alarmingly bad. Until we match their recruiting talent, we need to out-prepare them.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Agree with your last sentence. And I think it’s directly linked to your first sentence. This guys messed us up. You’re correct. In retrospect, 6-8 would’ve been inexcusable. The 10-3 didn’t make run out and get a DM tat, but I think it was a nice job in a tough spot.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Unacceptable to be wearing the wrong wrist bands, have 12 men on the field and then 10. Then, add insult to injury, burn valuable timeouts as a result. Unacceptable to have as many silly mental penalties as we had.

We knew we didn’t match up favorably in terms of personnel. The preparedness for Georgia was alarmingly bad. Until we match their recruiting talent, we need to out-prepare them.
Agreed, it was bad. But we still closed it down on them late. Defense just failed. Don’t you have some bicep curls to do?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Couple of things... When did I say it was acceptable to lose to UGA? If he’s still losing to them in year 4, can him. And if FSU gets a new coach and starts a streak, same thing.

I would have season tickets but flights from around the country are too expensive. Haven’t been close enough to buy them in almost a decade. And I wasn’t ok with having tickets that supported a mediocre coach like Chump. I refuse to support mediocrity, unlike some people.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Again, I provided examples that debunk that. Diaz isn’t even new. He was there and is just now a head coach. But he’s been entrenched for several years, and yet is basically the same as is(9,10) this year. He’s also had a 36th tanked class last year. Pruitt is in year 3 and has had a 12th and 20th ranked class and is currently at 18. USC is at 66th. My point, none of those things would’ve happened in the ‘00s.

Anything else?

Courtesy heads up. If you’re talking about Jeremy Pruitt at Tennessee this is only his second season, not his 3rd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.