Jaden Rashada joins powerhouse Arizona State; named starting QB as true freshman

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Bottom line is this: if we have to pay millions for a QB or any other player its time to shut down college football forever. I despise the NFL for alot of the same reasons but this NIL is already so out of control I dont see any correcting it. We are screwed. Pretty soon the high paid players will want a photo crew on the field to get their best angles and pics of them in action so they can post it on social media with their Lamborghini. Screw that.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I'm interested Durty. What dried up lake is the home on?
Pecos riverfront property. Only dries up for half the year or so.
River Falling GIF

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh c'mon man where would Gator football be without the likes of Moody, Ropo, Josh Shaw, Chris Martin, Steele and the others who either didn't even play, make it on campus, or sucked so bad I can't remember their names? :lol2:

The only productive Cali player at UF that I recall was Mark Korff and you have to go back to 1984 to find his name. Please note that in 1984 California was still part of the United States so my example is tainted.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Oh c'mon man where would Gator football be without the likes of Moody, Ropo, Josh Shaw, Chris Martin, Steele and the others who either didn't even play, make it on campus, or sucked so bad I can't remember their names? :lol2:
Kyle Jackson just missed another tackle

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
On the subject of our media personnel being the worst, I have a few thoughts. Local sports media personnel will inherently have a significant bias and be fan's of the sport and team. There may be a few outliers but in general this is the case. The main reason media covering bama and dwags and ohio state wear kid gloves and run cover for periodic misgivings is because the product on the field is one they like and want to protect/sustain. The beat writers dont want shart or day to get bad press b/c they are winning. The Tennessee example was used when the last idiot was HC there. That guy sucked and they couldn't win squat, so yeah when it was revealed he was involved in some egregious stuff they put it out there. But ask yourself this, has there been any bad press about Tennessee since Heupel arrived? it's all the same guys writing articles. Do we really think hes a saint, or is it b/c everyone finally likes the product on the field? You want negative local press to stop? Start freaking winning. Weve been an absolute LOSER for going on 15 years now. What are the beat writers supposed to say? Everything is wonderful? Well, dooley did that for years, and we all hated his guts b/c it was total BS. Now all of a sudden its unfair and out of bounds? I really dont care either way, but for those of you that think this isnt directly linked to winning, i got some water front property in new mexico id like to sell you. It's real nice.
You certainly missed my point. I'm not asking beat writers to ignore reality. However, I don't think it's asking too much for 2 things:

1) Don't overly amplify things that are damaging to the program for clicks (or because they get some kind of glee from it)
2) Don't make sh!t up for clicks - which should get your ass fired, then sued.

I don't think that's too much to ask.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
On the subject of our media personnel being the worst, I have a few thoughts. Local sports media personnel will inherently have a significant bias and be fan's of the sport and team. There may be a few outliers but in general this is the case. The main reason media covering bama and dwags and ohio state wear kid gloves and run cover for periodic misgivings is because the product on the field is one they like and want to protect/sustain. The beat writers dont want shart or day to get bad press b/c they are winning. The Tennessee example was used when the last idiot was HC there. That guy sucked and they couldn't win squat, so yeah when it was revealed he was involved in some egregious stuff they put it out there. But ask yourself this, has there been any bad press about Tennessee since Heupel arrived? it's all the same guys writing articles. Do we really think hes a saint, or is it b/c everyone finally likes the product on the field? You want negative local press to stop? Start freaking winning. Weve been an absolute LOSER for going on 15 years now. What are the beat writers supposed to say? Everything is wonderful? Well, dooley did that for years, and we all hated his guts b/c it was total BS. Now all of a sudden its unfair and out of bounds? I really dont care either way, but for those of you that think this isnt directly linked to winning, i got some water front property in new mexico id like to sell you. It's real nice.

Ummm, FL writers were plenty eager to generate bad pub when SOS, Billy D and urbs were destroying the competition.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Another update without any substantial info but plenty of kindling for those obsessed with the drama

When the situation unravels to this extent it seems like the recruit is tainted. He would arrive with most of the team believing he received a $13 million deal, regardless of the truth. If the LSU transfer suddenly became a Gator I would be happy. Somehow I feel that now, with all this taint, Rashada will not play well here. Just a feeling.

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
When the situation unravels to this extent it seems like the recruit is tainted. He would arrive with most of the team believing he received a $13 million deal, regardless of the truth. If the LSU transfer suddenly became a Gator I would be happy. Somehow I feel that now, with all this taint, Rashada will not play well here. Just a feeling.
Agreed. Likely in both sides' best interest to move on.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
The only productive Cali player at UF that I recall was Mark Korff and you have to go back to 1984 to find his name. Please note that in 1984 California was still part of the United States so my example is tainted.

Korff was certainly a troubled young man-
Good LB but something was a little off.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I am guessing Geography was not your area of expertise as a student. KJ fooled everyone with his HS exploits in the Jax area, not CA.
Geography was one of my best subjects (I was responding to the later of the statement, not the geographical part, but I digress). I just wanted another opportunity to mention his tackling genius.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You certainly missed my point. I'm not asking beat writers to ignore reality. However, I don't think it's asking too much for 2 things:

1) Don't overly amplify things that are damaging to the program for clicks (or because they get some kind of glee from it)
2) Don't make sh!t up for clicks - which should get your ass fired, then sued.

I don't think that's too much to ask.
Guess I'm not familiar with the specifics of the article or articles you're referring to, and admit I don't read much of that local crap anymore bc it's just that. Crap. But over the last 15 years I haven't noticed a lot of negativity, it's been mostly the opposite. Over the top puff pieces for every smooth brained retard we hire. Usually the negative stuff rolls out shortly before the HC gets the axe but until then it's sunshine and unicorns. Most of the dishonesty historically has been water carrying for these morons, not misinformation intended to damage them.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’m still in wait and see mode. Not giving up on him just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.