Jaden Rashada joins powerhouse Arizona State; named starting QB as true freshman

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Or it could be true that he tried to hold us up for more money and that’s why he’s not talking. Obviously we don’t know for certain at this time, but that’s not to say we’ll never know. I think it’s premature to conclude we already payed him hush money, though.

Furthermore, if Rashada wanted to come out of this not appearing untrustworthy, it seems to me he would have publicly stated that the UF Collective reneged, if that is what happened. Everyone would be sympathetic to him as the victim in that case. The fact that his side didn’t publicly say that leads me to believe that UF did not renege.
If I had to bet, I would take even money that he gets something. I hope not, of course.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I hope Deuce has the capacity to realize most of what’s being posted, even by professionals, is conjecture and speculation.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I can listen to the Locked On Gators PC, I just can't watch the YouTube version of it. His googly, blinking eyes drive me crazy and I can't enjoy it.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Steve Russel said on his show today that Rashadas dad was on Outside the lines talking about NIL with the 13 million UF offer at the bottom of the screen. Did anyone see it?

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Sitting at my daughters basketball game here at Berkeley, one of the school admins was talking about our sitch to some of the other parents and how crazy NIL has made all this. When asked about Keeley and if he had any issues, she said “no, Saban makes his players earn their NIL endorsements through play, he doesn’t promise players anything like UF did with this kid”!

Sounds like whatever BJs the collective promised this kid ended up ****ing us instead. As I’ve stated before, if kids expect to get paid like this before even stepping foot on a field they can **** off, that’s a locker room nightmare waiting to happen.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
It’s my understanding that there still cannot be true pay for play arrangements. I could be completely wrong here, but I think it’s still against the rules to either commit/sign with a school based on funds promised, or for the school to not give them whatever was promised if they don’t sign. Ironically, it was one of the funny parts regarding Rashada’s flip from miami. He was still signed as a client of Life Wallet according to what I read and so was still being compensated(though I’m sure much less than had he played there). Again, I could be incorrect. But I thought there had to be a distinction between NIL arrangements agreed upon, and actually being paid upfront for signing.

I think you’re correct that the school can’t pay him but it is my understanding the NIL collectives can, which is the reason these entities exist. Assuming this is correct, UF not paying him wouldn’t seem to be a reason to let him out of his UF agreement as there was never an NIL agreement between him and the school.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Sitting at my daughters basketball game here at Berkeley, one of the school admins was talking about our sitch to some of the other parents and how crazy NIL has made all this. When asked about Keeley and if he had any issues, she said “no, Saban makes his players earn their NIL endorsements through play, he doesn’t promise players anything like UF did with this kid”!

Sounds like whatever BJs the collective promised this kid ended up ****ing us instead. As I’ve stated before, if kids expect to get paid like this before even stepping foot on a field they can **** off, that’s a locker room nightmare waiting to happen.
If expecting money to be paid before he arrives and contributes without cause is what happened. If, on their own, they expected that, they are unrealistic. I hope we did not project that as a possibility. At this point, the likelihood his camp agreed to a number, then raised their price once we were no longer in on a QB seem remote. It certainly is taking some time to sort out, and that’s not good for our side imo because had they just wanted to be paid now- and why would they expect that- we would have said “no, when you enroll and contribute”. To me, it’s just taken too much time to resolve to be that they wanted up front money or a bigger deal than originally and legally agreed to.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I still have a difficult time believing the 13 mil figure as anything that would be paid up front.
However perhaps THIS is the reason Rojas is gone.

Perhaps there were 13 million worth of incentive laden NIL deals and that was not conveyed appropriately to the Rashada family.

Here's the kicker though, if it were that, the Rashada's would have no doubt vocalized that by now.

The fact that they are so quiet about it leads me to believe the Rashada's were changing the terms and UF didn't agree. Perhaps UF entertained them, thus the extra time it took, but ultimately UF didn't give in to them....and here we are.
It is possible though, I suppose, that they are waiting until there is an official release before they really comment on it.

The end of it is NIL is ruining college football. It will never be what it was as long as it exists. It's not controllable and never will be.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really don’t see any damage other than losing our top recruit in this class.
I do, only because of the nature of what the school can or can't say, and what they won't say regardless.
Perception is everything, whether it's true or not. And right now the perception is UFs collective is run by retards. That perception has got to change

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I still have a difficult time believing the 13 mil figure as anything that would be paid up front.
However perhaps THIS is the reason Ruiz is gone.

Perhaps there were 13 million worth of incentive laden NIL deals and that was not conveyed appropriately to the Rashada family.

Here's the kicker though, if it were that, the Rashada's would have no doubt vocalized that by now.

The fact that they are so quiet about it leads me to believe the Rashada's were changing the terms and UF didn't agree. Perhaps UF entertained them, thus the extra time it took, but ultimately UF didn't give in to them....and here we are.
It is possible though, I suppose, that they are waiting until there is an official release before they really comment on it.

The end of it is NIL is ruining college football. It will never be what it was as long as it exists. It's not controllable and never will be.
Ruiz is at Miami. Trust me 13 million was not the number…maybe close to 1.3 million but still a stretch.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't believe the 13 million dollar deal. It's bull shcit. We all know it. Second, why did he sign if his deal wasn't good anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator