Jaden Rashada joins powerhouse Arizona State; named starting QB as true freshman

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope Deuce has the capacity to realize most of what’s being posted, even by professionals, is conjecture and speculation.
I think that's exactly what I've been saying for days now..........

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Yeah its maddening that everyone actually believes the 13M bullchit....no way we were offering that. But people want to believe that so thats what it is. And unfortunately the Gator admin and Billy will take the high road and make no comment about it or Rashada. With reports coming out that any contract was nullified on December 7th makes you wonder why the hell he signed with us. I blame Rojas, I blame Heitner, I blame Hathcock, I blame the media and I blame the Florida Legislature for this mess and I guess my gut is telling me to blame the Rashadas too. I don't blame Billy or the admin at all.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah its maddening that everyone actually believes the 13M bullchit....no way we were offering that. But people want to believe that so thats what it is. And unfortunately the Gator admin and Billy will take the high road and make no comment about it or Rashada. With reports coming out that any contract was nullified on December 7th makes you wonder why the hell he signed with us. I blame Rojas, I blame Heitner, I blame Hathcock, I blame the media and I blame the Florida Legislature for this mess and I guess my gut is telling me to blame the Rashadas too. I don't blame Billy or the admin at all.
Totally get it. On the podcast I heard today laid the blame exactly as you say it, BUT if it was Hathcock that nullified it......Then he may have saved us in the long run. I might not blame him. Obviously they took a number (offer) that he approved to Rashada and team. But when sent back to HH for verfication, the change was found and he said Fuchs NO. Definitely feel like it was a shakedown as they continued with it, signed, and then took it this far. I am glad if that was the figure that they told them to go GF'd.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So.... a text is now a Binding Agreement?
I think it depends on the situation but it can be, yes.

Florida has adopted the Uniform Electronic Transaction Action (UETA). The UETA provides that electronic communications are sufficient to satisfy any statute requiring a contract to be in writing.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think it depends on the situation but it can be, yes.

Florida has adopted the Uniform Electronic Transaction Action (UETA). The UETA provides that electronic communications are sufficient to satisfy any statute requiring a contract to be in writing.
Plus, you can use Docusign

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
So.... a text is now a Binding Agreement?
I believe it can be. You can make an offer by text. You can make an agreement by text. People contact me by text asking what I might accept for land. I always use an unreasonably high number, if I bother to answer.

But nonetheless, we are speculating on what ifs, hoping like hell our organization made no such errors.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
It’s my understanding that there still cannot be true pay for play arrangements. I could be completely wrong here, but I think it’s still against the rules to either commit/sign with a school based on funds promised, or for the school to not give them whatever was promised if they don’t sign. Ironically, it was one of the funny parts regarding Rashada’s flip from miami. He was still signed as a client of Life Wallet according to what I read and so was still being compensated(though I’m sure much less than had he played there). Again, I could be incorrect. But I thought there had to be a distinction between NIL arrangements agreed upon, and actually being paid upfront for signing.
It’s well known that Jaden Rashada reached out to Stricklin when things started to go south with this NIL deal. I have obtained a partial transcript of the exchange between them:

Rashada: Did you read the whole thing?
Stricklin: Oh, yeah.

Rashada: Yeah? So, what's it about?
Stricklin: Well, it's a story about love, deception, greed, lust, and unbridled enthusiasm.

Rashada: Unbridled enthusiasm?
Stricklin: That's what led to Eddie Rojas' downfall.

Rashada: Oh, boy.

Stricklin: You see, Jaden, Eddie was a simple country boy, you might say a cockeyed optimist, who got himself mixed up in the high-stakes game of world diplomacy and international intrigue.

Rashada: Oh, my God.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Depending on what happens and if there is any legislation pushed forward to help with some of this I have the perfect name for the Bill:

The Rashada NIL Bill

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
It’s well known that Jaden Rashada reached out to Stricklin when things started to go south with this NIL deal. I have obtained a partial transcript of the exchange between them:

Rashada: Did you read the whole thing?
Stricklin: Oh, yeah.

Rashada: Yeah? So, what's it about?
Stricklin: Well, it's a story about love, deception, greed, lust, and unbridled enthusiasm.

Rashada: Unbridled enthusiasm?
Stricklin: That's what led to Eddie Rojas' downfall.

Rashada: Oh, boy.

Stricklin: You see, Jaden, Eddie was a simple country boy, you might say a cockeyed optimist, who got himself mixed up in the high-stakes game of world diplomacy and international intrigue.

Rashada: Oh, my God.
Way too eloquent for stricklin.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
@On3Recruits: BREAKING Florida has officially granted 4-star QB Jaden Rashada release from his National Letter of Intent, per @Pete_Nakos96.

More: Florida Gators release Jaden Rashada from National Letter of Intent

go away goodbye GIF

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Watching Rashada under center for the Gators would be like watching Jameis play for my Bucs.

Bye Felicia : I’ll get more joy rooting against him than rooting for him in O&B.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
“There's a league-wide limit on the total amount of compensation for rookies with specific salary parameters for each draft slot. Teams have maximum and minimum amounts that can be spent on their picks based on draft position.

All contracts for draft choices are four years. Each pick in the draft has a salary floor and ceiling in the first year and over the four years of the contract. There are very few negotiable items with rookie contracts anymore.”

You would think the big universities would be using this public information as somewhat of a guideline from maybe the second round of the draft?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator