Jalen Tabor: Savage

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This perfectly captures what 11 years of domination looks like. As much as he wants to be pissed, he can't, because he knew it was coming and had been anticipating the moment and manner in which it would happen. There's almost a measure of relief in those eyes knowing that his heart will no longer be toyed with again for another 364 days, and acceptance is once again in place. If he's honest, this is all he knows and he doesn't truly want it to change. Almost comparable to a prisoner who's so used to being in jail, that the outside world almost seems less desirable. He's home.

Great analogy. It would be an amazing coincidence if that UT fan's name is Brooks.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I still love the kid's reaction to the made PAT at 1:13:54. Someone needs to gif that one up.

I still love how the crowd goes nuts when Callaway makes the catch, but takes it up 50 decibels more when Powell makes that block around the 40.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I still love how the crowd goes nuts when Callaway makes the catch, but takes it up 50 decibels more when Powell makes that block around the 40.
To be honest, I barely reacted when he caught the pass, it was just a chance to keep playing. Then Powell threw the block, he broke free, and I levitated.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just re-watched the end of that game. Amazing how Coach Mac gives UT a second chance to win it with that timeout, and they still crap their pants. I'm looking forward to seeing how UT will choke against us again this year.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To be honest, I barely reacted when he caught the pass, it was just a chance to keep playing. Then Powell threw the block, he broke free, and I levitated.
I reacted the same way. We had the best possible view from Sec 1 in the West stands. I could see Powell lining up the block and started going nuts. I quickly calmed down until the extra point was made. It was nearly blocked. Then I went to being nuts again!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I just re-watched the end of that game. Amazing how Coach Mac gives UT a second chance to win it with that timeout, and they still crap their pants. I'm looking forward to seeing how UT will choke against us again this year.

I'm pretty sure it was discovered the next day that we had 12 men on the field, and that's why he called the TO.

But it's also still frustrating to see the ball moved from the right hash, about 4 yards toward the center of the field on the second try. His second kick was almost identical to the first, but was aided by an inexplicable change in placement on the field. If we'd lost on that, our streak would've been book ended by blown calls that effectively gave the vols the game. Pretty crazy.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

I remember your original post about that moment. Didn't you also post a picture or two as well?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I remember your original post about that moment. Didn't you also post a picture or two as well?
Don't believe I had any pictures. I did smash my shin on either the bleacher or the concrete step in the aisle and was bleeding everywhere the rest of the game, though. :lol:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I remember seeing the pic comparison. It was shameful. Damn crooked refs.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure it was discovered the next day that we had 12 men on the field, and that's why he called the TO.

But it's also still frustrating to see the ball moved from the right hash, about 4 yards toward the center of the field on the second try. His second kick was almost identical to the first, but was aided by an inexplicable change in placement on the field. If we'd lost on that, our streak would've been book ended by blown calls that effectively gave the vols the game. Pretty crazy.

I can't believe I forgot about that, but yes I do remember both of those now.

I won't ever forget about the 2004 game, however. The personal foul call on Baker and stopping the clock on the punt were two horrible calls.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
That throw from Grier was something special as well. I don't think LDR or Appleby's could have made that throw.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I actually feel sorta sorry for that guy.
I don't. The guy handled himself very well in a hostile situation. The redbearded Gator fan next to him was really sticking it to him (my favorite part)

Mostly, I commend the CBS camera crew for capturing the elation and agony. They were right on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.