Janoris Jenkins calls fan “retard” in tweet; cut by Giants for refusing to apologize

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I have no problem with words. That’s what we use them for. If you act like a retard you’re a retard.
Of course you don’t use the word to refer to a real retard.
So in a way calling you a retard is a compliment acknowledging ur not actually a retard.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I have no problem with words. That’s what we use them for. If you act like a retard you’re a retard.
Of course you don’t use the word to refer to a real retard.
So in a way calling you a retard is a compliment acknowledging ur not actually a retard.

I prefer real retards over most of the people I have ever actually referred to as a retard :lol:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

tenor.gif

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
his apology was sad because if you read the article he keeps saying sorry, but its my slang??? Meaning, he's not really sorry

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
My mother hated the word. I think Mom took care of a disability kid when she was a young teen. So for 48 years I never used the word. But then I had a friend who would use it all the time and even call her kids retarded when they did something stupid. So it slipped back into my lexicon.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Janoris is happy. Can't blame him being thrilled to get out of that dumpster fire. He'll get a new team in seconds.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Janoris is happy. Can't blame him being thrilled to get out of that dumpster fire. He'll get a new team in seconds.

Just over an hour's drive south, Janoris. We need corners and Gators. And we don't care what words you use.
Please make this happen.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It's PC gone mad.
Slight disagreement. Jenkins is representing a brand...2 brands actually. The Giants and the NFL. No cares what we say on GC. But millions see that crap and it's part of being a player these days. The NFL is a giant marketing machine. That ish dont fly.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Slight disagreement. Jenkins is representing a brand...2 brands actually. The Giants and the NFL. No cares what we say on GC. But millions see that crap and it's part of being a player these days. The NFL is a giant marketing machine. That ish dont fly.

I agree from a business perspective. I guess it boils down to freedom of speech doesnt equal freedom from consequences.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It will fly just fine for the next team that signs him in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator