Jeff Driskel

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
There's little doubt in my mind he will get drafted. He simply has too much physical ability. Unfortunately, some teams may stay away from him entirely. Dat Chump stink just doesn't wash out. It is foul. :barfaway: :kiffin:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I think someone will sign him maybe even draft him. This is probably the worst QB class in history. Early results suggest some kid from 1AA may be the first QB drafted.

I know that some NFL teams seem to draft players solely off combine results but you would assume they watch game film also. They will do so knowing he needs a ton of work. If they view him as a low risk high reward project they won't cut him just because he can't perform in camp against real defenses. I fully expect him to "make a roster" probably a practice squad or D league.

Hell, Deonte Thompson, Jaylen Watkins, and Josh Portis "made a roster."
Semi-pro team in Orlando is stockpiling former Gators. Hell they "drafted" Clay Burton.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If he's such a "prolific passer" i wonder why his Senior bowl coaches (who we're losing)kept his ass on the bench until 5 mins was left in the game?

they explained this during the second half of the game. Each quarterback was given a pitch count somewhere along the lines of (13 snaps) unless they were in the middle of a drive, which they were allowed to finish.

This is a weak qb draft, but I expect both quarterbacks Brissette and Driskel to be drafted on athletic ability as 3rd day picks.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have many, many posts on Driskel. Have I ever said any of that? Read back up the thread a few posts and you will see that I said I doubted he would be drafted. I just occasionally posts facts about him, I.e., he passed for 108 yds, more than any other qb in the game. Facts drive you obsessed Driskel haters crazy. Not my fault you are nuts on the subject.

Personally, I don't think he'll ever make it in the NFL. I was watching one of Brady's playoff games this year and he throws it to receivers before they even make their break. The guys aren't even open but by the time they get there, the ball is there. Driskel will not throw it unless his receiver has significant cushion.

That being said, I love that he's doing well and despite being part of a train wreck here, he went out and did his job every day. So every time he does well it's a mark against the Chump. And that makes me smile.

Last edited:

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
Being a certain height & weight and having the ability to throw the ball hard does not make a highly skilled QB. In all his years, he has made zero progress in reading the field, anticipating and timing routes, or making necessary progressions in his reads. You are not going to start learning this in the NFL if you can't grasp in college even at a directional U.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.