Jerome baker flips from UF to Ohio State

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n87779 said:
Really? Muschamp has been building relationships with many of these kids for 2 or 3 years now. Most likely, they have a sense of loyalty to him and genuinely like him. I don't see how firing him is supposed to somehow magically help the recruiting class. Say what you want about recruits committing to the school but most of them commit to the coach, so firing him won't magically keep them from flipping.

Hopefully the rest are in wait and see mode. Surely they know WM is a gonner...hopefully the few we have will wait to see who his replacement is before flipping. I'm quite sure there are many other coaches in their ear right now. At this point, recruiting is gonna be pretty much dead in the water until after the season and a new coach is named. Firing him today or tomorrow of two weeks from now isn't gonna change anything, recruiting wise. It'll just satisfy the fans thirst for blood, so to speak.

This. Every bit of this.

Additionally, for everyone saying that Muschamp is "losing this recruit," why do you think he's "ours" to lose? Muschamp (and his staff) is the one who went into Ohio and got a verbal from this kid. This and last season are no doubt killing this class, but much of that, especially on the defensive side of the ball, is because the bad season will cause Muschamp's termination. With the D players, it's not necessarily the season itself, but the coaching change that will be caused by it. Regardless, many of the big-time recruits who are interested in UF are interested because of Muschamp.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n87858 said:
This. Every bit of this.

Additionally, for everyone saying that Muschamp is "losing this recruit," why do you think he's "ours" to lose? Muschamp (and his staff) is the one who went into Ohio and got a verbal from this kid. This and last season are no doubt killing this class, but much of that, especially on the defensive side of the ball, is because the bad season will cause Muschamp's termination. With the D players, it's not necessarily the season itself, but the coaching change that will be caused by it. Regardless, many of the big-time recruits who are interested in UF are interested because of Muschamp.

Euro, I don't know how you can divorce the program's struggles on the field with recruiting. Kids want to play for a winner. We're not that at the moment.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n87868]

Euro, I don't know how you can divorce the program's struggles on the field with recruiting. Kids want to play for a winner. We're not that at the moment. [/QUOTE]

And we're less than a year removed from watching our best RB and best WR in the 2015 class decommit for the exact same reason. I don't mean to be disrespectful but I'm shocked at how many fail to see the problem for what it is.

And to Euro's comment about the relationships that WM has established, yes there is no question that a change will have some impact on several. But unless you're suggesting we keep WM for the sake of possibly landing a few unproven HS kids, it makes no difference when he is announced. If anything, the quicker we act, the more time we'll be allowing a new HC to develop some rapport with them. Dragging things out doesn't benefit us in the least.

And I'd add that among those highly rated targets, I think Jefferson is probably the least likely based on everything I've heard. I think Cowart is probably our best shot, with the others being real possibilities as well. But the mutual timing of our plummet and OM's banner season makes CCJ that much tougher.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The real question is how many recruits are going to flip FROM other schools TO us when we announce the hiring of a good coach.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I never thought a coach here...in all my years...since the late 80's...could ever manage to be so bad as to cause kids to NOT WANT TO PLAY for us. Is that even possible?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n87779 said:
Firing him today or tomorrow of two weeks from now isn't gonna change anything, recruiting wise.
Couldn't disagree more. Your obvious family relation to Muschamp is clouding your opinion.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just lost another one LB Adonis Thomas has decommited from UF

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
Listen, after Foley gives Muschamp an extension for winning the UGA game, these kids will flock back here like the salmon of Capistrano.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Boy, I sure wish I could take my cocky attitude out of the closet. Nothing worse than being a cocky doormat.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n88072 said:
Couldn't disagree more. Your obvious family relation to Muschamp is clouding your opinion.
Ole Alagator is one committed relative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator