Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This article was good enough to stand on it's own. Ouch.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016

Included at that link........
The idea isn’t that far-fetched: Dan Mullen might just be auditioning this weekend for the Florida job.

As ridiculous as that statement sounds, don’t think it won’t hold weight if Mullen’s Mississippi State team goes into College Station and beats Texas A&M. Many Florida fans wanted Mullen when the university hired both Muschamp (2011) and McElwain (2015).

Mullen rubbed some in the administration the wrong way, and wasn’t ever a serious candidate. But with Sticklin running the show in Gainesville, the odds of Mullen landing the Florida job (if it’s open) have significantly increased.

Although Stricklin didn’t hire Mullen (Greg Byrne did), he and Mullen had a close relationship and Mullen often talks fondly of his time with Stricklin.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
Mac being petty and trying to ruin UF going forward, its why he has his family in Nebraska gear, hes checked out and I hate that beaver teeth loser

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
BoldPoliteFoxterrier-max-1mb.gif

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He says in the article that he was brought here to win the SEC East, who the F told him that? The SEC East title is great if you're USCe or Mizzou, at Florida the only Championships that count are SEC Championships, I don't see anything painted on the stadium walls saying SEC East Champs. He was brought here to fix the offense, and after 2 and a half years it's the same or worse than when he arrived and stated that his dog could run the offense.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The clock was started long before these comments. When he retained Nord and Nussmeir....then gave each a raise & contract extension he was done. The results on the field are exactly what most anyone not wearing O&B glasses expected (hell, it's actually worse than I expected. I'll admit, I drank some of the koolaid and thought the O would be above average this year).

The credit card scandal is/was more than enough to fire him for cause. Now he just gave the administration more ammunition w/ the death threats comment.

Anyone worried about us firing a coach during year 3 please remember the last time we fired a coach during year 3. We landed the hottest coaching prospect in the country.

I'm not worried one bit about losing this coach and his mediocre staff. I'm just concerned about who they hire.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Though Hayes is the guy who bought everything the Grier's have sold him, so his reporting isn't exactly unbias....

The AAU and McElwain haven't been seeing eye to eye for over a year now. It's just a matter of time before he is given the vote of confidence.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Hey Ox, welcome to GatorChatter - Hope you stick around, there's lots of folks who share info and get to be friends after awhile. I'm sure you'll like it around here. Just a tip, though, generally if there is a thread on a topic the staff prefers you reply to that thread rather than start more threads on the same thing. Don't take it personally, Nav will likely merge it for you soon. Just wouldn't want you to get on the bad list for the admin.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What Gator fans wanted Mullen? I haven't met one.
He wasn't my first choice and might not have been top 10 but he was light years ahead of muscrap and butters on my list. I would have taken him in a heartbeat over those buffoons...if I were AD it wouldn't have even occurred to me to interview them

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Ox, welcome to GatorChatter - Hope you stick around, there's lots of folks who share info and get to be friends after awhile. I'm sure you'll like it around here. Just a tip, though, generally if there is a thread on a topic the staff prefers you reply to that thread rather than start more threads on the same thing. Don't take it personally, Nav will likely merge it for you soon. Just wouldn't want you to get on the bad list for the admin.

:backout:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.