Joe Burrow: Greatest college player of the decade? One of the best ever?

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I think he's easily the best college QB I've seen since Tebow. Hate him or not, Burrow has put up one of the best years statistically that anyone could've ever imagined. I know it was only one year, but the reality is that he only had one year to display his true talents because of the coaches he has had in the past.

His ability to move in the pocket, makes his reads, find the open guy, and throw on the run reminds me a lot of Steve Young. I expect him to have a great NFL career.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think he's easily the best college QB I've seen since Tebow. Hate him or not, Burrow has put up one of the best years statistically that anyone could've ever imagined. I know it was only one year, but the reality is that he only had one year to display his true talents because of the coaches he has had in the past.

His ability to move in the pocket, makes his reads, find the open guy, and throw on the run reminds me a lot of Steve Young. I expect him to have a great NFL career.

Smelling glue again? :bart:

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Cannot be “one of the best ever” with only 1 season of work. I don’t know if he had one of the greatest seasons ever, but he doesn’t qualify to be an all-time great.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's been unconscious this season. I agree about the time he's been given to throw but you have to give him props for the way he throws 40 yard dimes while on the run being chased. It's amazing how a change in scheme can totally change a player. But it takes a player who knows the scheme backward and forward to execute it to the level he's doing this year. He seems a little too smug for me though. Let's see how he does when he ends up on a stinky pro team against pro DBs running a different offense.

And just for funzies....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lamar Jackson's the best college player of the decade imo

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
80% completion and he ain't throwin sideways....sure he has great receivers but he puts the ball where only they can get it most of the time too. He's had one of the better seasons I've seen any QB have but like others have said it's only been one season,

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Guy is unbelievabe. Must be what it felt like for other teams when we had Tebow. Lsu should build his statue immediately.
tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.