TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I don't have an issue with KB and what he writes, he stays in the basketball area and reports on that. He does his job, IMO.

It's good to read about his work ethic and that he's doing everything he can to get ready this season even without any playing time due to transfer rules. It's better than Chris Walker's work ethic, apparently, and a heckuva lot better than sitting on his rear end for a year and then trying to get ready. I still think he'll be a bit raw, and I'm not sure how much development he's getting this season (I expect Billy is doing what he can, knowing his attention thus far had to be focused on turning around this season....that may be changing). Still, with three years of eligibility left it will be great to have him next year.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well if we get buy in for the process that will improve our team. Now some currently on the team probably are leaving after all we are potentially over the limit. I see the freshmen having a good impact both from this year and next year's class.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He should have a pretty big impact especially defensively.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I hope he can shoot the ball. If our team could just shoot average we are NCAA bound,

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Not sure if Egbunu will be a very good offensively, but if he can average just 8 points 8 rebounds and 1-2 blocks a game that will help dramatically. Having a big body like that guarding the hoop and lane will be a breath of fresh air for next year's team.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest disappointment I got from reading the article is that he doesn't already have a polished post game. Regardless of that I think the numbers he put up at USF show that he is ready to play collegiate ball and he will significantly improve our front court.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n181489 said:
The biggest disappointment I got from reading the article is that he doesn't already have a polished post game. Regardless of that I think the numbers he put up at USF show that he is ready to play collegiate ball and he will significantly improve our front court.

Agreed. It'll be nice to have someone that doesn't get pushed around in the middle.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n181492 said:
Agreed. It'll be nice to have someone that doesn't get pushed around in the middle.
He definitely isn't getting pushed around at 266 lbs. We'll have to wait and see if he's able to run the floor the way Billy expects his bigs to do.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just his rebounding will be a huge help. We have given up a lot of offensive rebounds.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If there's one thing I learned this year, it's that we don't know anything about these guys until we've seen em play. Look at Carter, he's a totally different player than when was at Rutgers atleast from a numbers standpoint. We all expected Devin Robinson to be an elite shooter and I read somewhere the other day that he's on track to break the single season record for most air balls. We all thought kasey hill and Chris walker would have progressed in their game but neither has advanced their game much since last year. I'm sure egbunu will help but I don't know if he's going to cure all of our problems

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n181786 said:
If there's one thing I learned this year, it's that we don't know anything about these guys until we've seen em play. Look at Carter, he's a totally different player than when was at Rutgers atleast from a numbers standpoint. We all expected Devin Robinson to be an elite shooter and I read somewhere the other day that he's on track to break the single season record for most air balls. We all thought kasey hill and Chris walker would have progressed in their game but neither has advanced their game much since last year. I'm sure egbunu will help but I don't know if he's going to cure all of our problems

I think Carter is almost exactly the same player he was at Rutgers. He is playing fewer minutes, shooting it just a little less and turning it over less, but for the most part he is the same guy. His shooting percentages are very similar.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n181832 said:
I think Carter is almost exactly the same player he was at Rutgers. He is playing fewer minutes, shooting it just a little less and turning it over less, but for the most part he is the same guy. His shooting percentages are very similar.
I guess I built him up more in my head because I hadn't seen him play

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thing is … presence of Egbunu can improve the effective play of teammates around him. Certainly a more reliable
"dish-off" target = more decisiveness by others. ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator