Jordan Scarlett

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm giddy at the idea of what a real QB could do to this offense, including even raising the level of play of the OL. Please God let's hope one of those freshman work out. It's been too long.
A lot of people don't see it but our line has made drastic strides this year. I can say with a straight face that we've had several drives recently (4th quarter of LSU) that were Alabama-esque. We've also gone from worst in the country in sacks allowed to 29th. All the important pieces are back next year, if we just had a functional QB we could really start making some noise.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
A lot of people don't see it but our line has made drastic strides this year. I can say with a straight face that we've had several drives recently (4th quarter of LSU) that were Alabama-esque. We've also gone from worst in the country in sacks allowed to 29th. All the important pieces are back next year, if we just had a functional QB we could really start making some noise.

Begs the question on who gets credit for the improved line play.

SoberJohn

BANNED
Jul 3, 2015
Some folks, apparently, get carried away much too quickly. What any coach will tell you is that you haven't done anything unless you're consistent. Scarlett looked great in part of the second half against LSU. UF's offensive line looked good in part of the second half against LSU.
UF is 102nd in the country in total offense. UF is 97th in rushing. UF's offense has crossed the goal line three times in the last three games.
The data shows that UF's offense still sucks in a major way. Let's see some consistency, and scoring more touchdowns, before anyone can say UF has turned the corner on offense in any regard. let's see if UF can move the ball in it's next two games, for instance. FSU has a better defensive line than LSU. I Let's see UF push those guys around before getting giddy. FSU is a mess at safety. Attacking them is where UF can do damage since Derwin James isn't going to be making an appearance and a former receiver, Ermon Lane, is now forced to play major minutes.
I also notice that Del Rio isn't even inquired about anymore. Not a word in McElwain's press conference today and most folks talking about which freshman will start next year. That tells me that UF is still in the same shape it's been since Tebow left, a complete disater at QB.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some folks, apparently, get carried away much too quickly. What any coach will tell you is that you haven't done anything unless you're consistent. Scarlett looked great in part of the second half against LSU. UF's offensive line looked good in part of the second half against LSU.
UF is 102nd in the country in total offense. UF is 97th in rushing. UF's offense has crossed the goal line three times in the last three games.
The data shows that UF's offense still sucks in a major way. Let's see some consistency, and scoring more touchdowns, before anyone can say UF has turned the corner on offense in any regard. let's see if UF can move the ball in it's next two games, for instance. FSU has a better defensive line than LSU. I Let's see UF push those guys around before getting giddy. FSU is a mess at safety. Attacking them is where UF can do damage since Derwin James isn't going to be making an appearance and a former receiver, Ermon Lane, is now forced to play major minutes.
I also notice that Del Rio isn't even inquired about anymore. Not a word in McElwain's press conference today and most folks talking about which freshman will start next year. That tells me that UF is still in the same shape it's been since Tebow left, a complete disater at QB.
No, I said large fries.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
jordan-scarlett-florida-gators-tattoo.jpeg

http://gamedayr.com/sports/college-...ordan-scarletts-florida-gators-tattoo-135226/

Scarlett is all in.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
you know what else sucks in a major way? your mom, tell her thanks from all of us

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
The two running backs are great, but the offensive line is key. They did a good job moving LSU out of the way.

Mac was saying today that TJ McCoy has been a real energizer bunny up in there getting the rest of the OL fired up and playing mean. Love it.

He and the Man Child will be making sweet music along with Ivey next year. Slowly, this OL circus seems to be getting sorted out.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
you know what else sucks in a major way? your mom, tell her thanks from all of us

the clown tried to come off as some sort of guru with his liberal virtue signalling and his long winded paragraphs - but a fancy douche is still just a douche.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.