JT Barrett

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, but Leyer didn't say he would suspend kids for DUI or for shooting people in the face, just for stealing crablegs. So technically, he is not wrong. There hasn't been an unpunished case of crab theft in Columbus during his term.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Good thing he's not in Florida.

Greg Auman ‏@gregauman 1m1 minute ago .@sabnabdab Not sure about Ohio, but in Florida if you're under 21 and test for any level of alcohol, it qualifies as a DUI charge ...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
OVI= DUI = DWI. It's just different nomenclature used by the legislature.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n304859 said:
OVI= DUI = DWI. It's just different nomenclature used by the legislature.

In the language of the law in Ohio, OVI means you can literally just be "sleeping it off" in the front seat of your car, but as long as the keys are within reach, you can get an OVI.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n304860 said:
In the language of the law in Ohio, OVI means you can literally just be "sleeping it off" in the front seat of your car, but as long as the keys are within reach, you can get an OVI.
That's the same in most states.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He's suspended for their game next week against the West North Midwest South Saskatchewan Tech A&M State A&T Snow Bunnies. OSU continuing that nice 10 game preseason schedule.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
amd-zima-jpg.jpg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n304860 said:

I was told once by someone that if you are going to sleep it off in the car, then put the keys outside on the tire or something. I never knew if that was accurate or not.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n304872 said:
I was told once by someone that if you are going to sleep it off in the car, then put the keys outside on the tire or something. I never knew if that was accurate or not.
Youre fishing for free legal advice aren't you

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n304872 said:
We always used some common sense, trying to differentiate between people who were truly sleeping it off and those who just passed out while driving or attempting to drive.

If you were "sleeping it off" on the side of the road, with half your vehicle blocking the travel lane in front of Taco Bell, you usually got charged with DUI.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n304875 said:
Youre fishing for free legal advice aren't you

Haha. The only time I needed to do this was planned. It was after the Daytona race, we were obviously parked in a parking lot, and had no intention of driving home that night. We went to sleep in the car and had the car running so we could have the AC running. A rude cop woke us up and threatened us with a DUI. We were very polite and not trashed, so he let us off if we put the keys in the trunk. I never bothered to research if he was correct or not.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He purposely tried to avoid the checkpoint, and it is still a lighter charge? Sounds like the Columbus PD wants him on the field against Sparty in two weeks.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When Carlos Dunlap was found asleep in his car at a traffic light he was suspended for the SEC championship game, but I think urb let him play in the bowl game. Anyone remember?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n304854 said:
It's an OVI, operating vehicle while impaired. I think that's a lesser offense.

Edit: Here's some clarification.
They saw him driving and in fact trying to avoid a sobriety check point, he blew over legal limit but they charged him with OVI because he's a local hero?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n304912 said:
They saw him driving and in fact trying to avoid a sobriety check point, he blew over legal limit but they charged him with OVI because he's a local hero?
THERE IS NO DUI IN OHIO LAW. It is called OVI. It isn't a "lesser offense". It isn't a lighter charge. DUI/OVI/DWI are synonyms.

Don't get your legal advise from a div 3 kicker/soccer fan/Kardashian wannabe/ "tight end".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n304906 said:
Isn't DUI a misdemeanor anyway unless you kill someone?
Generally.

So is crab theft. That's the point. The timing was delicious.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Law98gator;n304914 said:
THERE IS NO DUI IN OHIO LAW. It is called OVI. It isn't a "lesser offense". It isn't a lighter charge. DUI/OVI/DWI are synonyms.

Don't get your legal advise from a div 3 kicker/soccer fan/Kardashian wannabe/ "tight end".

Sure it is, they have tiers based on blood alcohol level. But at any there is supposed to be mandatory jail time. 3 days to 6 months according to the interwebs. Throw his azz in jail. Looks like some things never change, Urbs gonna Urb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.