JUCO DL Javier Edwards is a Gator

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Not much has changed in terms of recruiting prowess. The "Farell's 4/5* Prediction" story on Rivals is depressing. It's as if we don't even exist with many of these kids. We were the favorite of 3 players out of roughly 50.

Hopefully we get it together, and I'm dead wrong. But this may very well be the class that kills this staff. I truly don't get what they're doing.

that is a strong statement lol

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Damn, dude. Backup plan? Are you only going to play one damn DT? We haven't recruited on in the last two years. The PRIMARY plan should have been 3-4 DTs and the BACKUP plan should have been guys to fill those spots.

had they gone with a backup plan people would say that it was desperation and complain about that too lol...cant please us all i guess

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully we get it together, and I'm dead wrong. But this may very well be the class that kills this staff. I truly don't get what they're doing.
Very true. The echo of these classes are two or three years away. I don't think they get long enough to fix it if they don't fix it absolutely right now.

I just don't see the talent on this staff to do it. One quality recruiter isn't enough.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Yeah and you can't win without DTs and inside linebackers.

That's the fact, PDS.

Not sure who PDS is...but uhhhh yeah.

They are recruiting DTs (two that you have stated that you liked) and 1 more for this cycle. They are already working on DT for 2018 as well. So there's that.
I'm not sure what is going on with inside backer so I will not pretend that I do know. I just know of Britt,Miller, and Houston. Britt is probably an Auburn lean though.
Where we have struggled mightily over the years is offense. That was addressed with the last class but is constantly not mentioned when we speak on recruiting. I guess people have to find a way to fit it to their narrative.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Very true. The echo of these classes are two or three years away. I don't think they get long enough to fix it if they don't fix it absolutely right now.

I just don't see the talent on this staff to do it. One quality recruiter isn't enough.

Who is the one? What are we basing the "quality recruiter" accolade on? One class? Lifetime commits? Last 3 or 4 years?

Gray is a hell of a recruiter...but he does not have a commit since joining the staff so I hope you keep that in mind before you answer that.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure who PDS is...but uhhhh yeah.

They are recruiting DTs (two that you have stated that you liked) and 1 more for this cycle. They are already working on DT for 2018 as well. So there's that.
I'm not sure what is going on with inside backer so I will not pretend that I do know. I just know of Britt,Miller, and Houston. Britt is probably an Auburn lean though.
Where we have struggled mightily over the years is offense. That was addressed with the last class but is constantly not mentioned when we speak on recruiting. I guess people have to find a way to fit it to their narrative.
They do seem to be trying to address deficiencies, although I don't know what's going on at LB.

What I'm worried about is the lack of foresight. Are we going to be constantly chasing areas that we neglected to address the prior year. It will suck if we are constantly having a team with a hole somewhere.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Our staff doesnt know we are lacking this position. Someone should probably let Mac know.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So, I have to put my two pennies in here. The thing I think is funny about all the b1tching when talking about recruiting is this: the coaches are not allowed to say anything to anybody so we truly have no idea who they are recruiting and who they aren't recruiting. We are basing all of our judgements good and bad on a bunch of 17-18 YO kids, about half of which are full of themselves and want some limelight. As well as a bunch of hacks who interview said kids and try to predict where everyone is going. Some of the information is good. But most of it is pure unadulterated cr@p.
So calm the fluck down and relax over the summer and enjoy yourselves. Preseason camp is right around the corner and the first Saturday of the season is going to be here before you know it. Oh, and once we start playing, some of these kids are going to see what we can do on the field and will start picking us again. Because we are THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA GATORS!!!

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Recruiting in a nutshell:

Aubrey Solomon has named 6 schools as leaders over the last 3 months.

He commits to Michigan out of nowhere.

lmfaoooo

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our staff doesnt know we are lacking this position. Someone should probably let Mac know.
He hasn't noticed.

He is too busy trying to find basketball coaches to add to our staff to fix our recruiting problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.