Jury reaches verdict in J.C. Jackson case

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Not guilty, that is somewhat surprising. I thought from the evidence he would be guilty of something.

Sep 29, 2015
The question now becomes: Does Mac allow him back on the team? We could use him to back up Wilson and Tabor next year (he could probably even challenge Wilson to start opposite Tabor). I believe in second chances and now that he's been cleared by the legal system, I would let him back on the team.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
According to the ESPN update, he wants back on the team. It also says he was going to be a starter? Maybe when Tabor was out.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would love to have his talent. I'm guessing that he's not squeaky clean in all of this and that's why Mac let him go completely and the state decided to bring the charges. If I'm Mac and I think he's a bad apple, I wouldn't risk my program for him - or anyone. However, if I'm Mac and I cut him completely loose because I wanted the distraction as far away as possible and didn't necessarily think he was guilty or a bad apple, then I'd consider letting him back on the team.

In this case, I do trust Mac and I'd be surprised to see him rejoin the team. Still, I bet the question gets asked of McElwain in the next 4 days.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
He may not be guilty of what he was charged with, but he was guilty of taking some people there to do a drug deal! Not needed at Florida.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jack o' Diamonds;n312175 said:
He may not be guilty of what he was charged with, but he was guilty of taking some people there to do a drug deal! Not needed at Florida.

It wasn't a drug deal. It was theft. And it was armed robbery. Yeah, they stole some weed, but I'm a whole lot more concerned about him leading armed dudes to his supposed friend's apartment and getting the door open for them (assuming the initial story had that part right).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was a drug deal that became an armed robbery.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bring him back. If we put him on the offensive side of the ball, we instantly get better.

Honestly we've done a pretty poor job recruiting defensive backs in this year's class so it would be good to have him there as well.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
NavetG8r;n312180 said:
It wasn't a drug deal. It was theft. And it was armed robbery. Yeah, they stole some weed, but I'm a whole lot more concerned about him leading armed dudes to his supposed friend's apartment and getting the door open for them (assuming the initial story had that part right).

If he was found not guilty doesn't that mean he didn't do any of that?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n312210 said:

Being found not-guilty in a court of law hardly means innocent.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n312210 said:
You didnt listen much in civics or social studies, huh?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n312171 said:
Hell no.

You people are embarassing.

I don't really know what's happened, but Law has become the voice of reason around here lately.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law was always the voice of reason. You guys just arent ready for it sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator