Jury reaches verdict in J.C. Jackson case

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not guilty....have we all lost faith in the justice system? We gave Janoris Jenkins 3 years, would it really hurt to give him a chance? If he so much as even looks across the line then cut him loose....Of course I really don't feel this way BUT we need another bad ass DB in the near future:lol:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Law98gator;n312218 said:
You didnt listen much in civics or social studies, huh?

I hated social studies. Bat guano comes from Peru, right? The only thing worse than social studies was grammar. I preposition is a terrible thing to end a sentence with. Civics wasn't bad "don't tax him, don't tax me, tax the fellow behind the tree".

He's innocent. Like OJ or Casey Anthony.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Concrete Helmet;n312225 said:
Not guilty....have we all lost faith in the justice system? We gave Janoris Jenkins 3 years, would it really hurt to give him a chance? If he so much as even looks across the line then cut him loose....

Apparently he was not charged with some lessor crimes that his lawyer has admitted he was guilty of. He is not welcome as a Gator due to his associates, and his actions in this incident. That is my opinion.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
DBU,kids like JC must of thought it stood for Drugs & Babes U.

Hopefully this brush with the law showed him he doesn't want to travel that path anymore and now he needs to get an education and do something with his life,

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
ChiefGator;n312228 said:
Apparently he was not charged with some lessor crimes that his lawyer has admitted he was guilty of.
Was not aware of these. He does seem to have some association issues though, judging from what you said and his brush with death from a drive by shooting a couple of years ago. On second thought I don't want any of our guys getting shot because he is standing near them...

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Screw him. There are plenty enough good players out there that we don't need this guy. Let him rehabilitate himself somewhere else. I'm sick to death of having scumbags playing for the University of Florida.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This kid comes from a rough area. If Mac gives him another chance I will support his decision. It could end up being a good story. If Mac keeps him out, I'll believe that he didn't like his character.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
ChiefGator;n312228 said:
Apparently he was not charged with some lessor crimes that his lawyer has admitted he was guilty of. He is not welcome as a Gator due to his associates, and his actions in this incident. That is my opinion.

What crimes were those?

"Police say Jackson went to the victim's home to hang out and smoke marijuana. Jackson came inside without knocking, introduced two other men and left."
"Police say Jackson knew the person who lived at the apartment."
"He's what under the law we would call principle 2, and a principal 2 and offense is just as guilty as if you had committed it yourself,”

​So because he knew the guys that committed the crime he got accused of the same crime all though he was't carrying a weapon and didn't rob anybody. Is that basically what happened? Sounds like a jury, presented with all the facts, didn't think Jackson knew the real criminals intended to rob his friend.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n312247 said:
What crimes were those?

"Police say Jackson went to the victim's home to hang out and smoke marijuana. Jackson came inside without knocking, introduced two other men and left."
"Police say Jackson knew the person who lived at the apartment."
"He's what under the law we would call principle 2, and a principal 2 and offense is just as guilty as if you had committed it yourself,”

​So because he knew the guys that committed the crime he got accused of the same crime all though he was't carrying a weapon and didn't rob anybody. Is that basically what happened? Sounds like a jury, presented with all the facts, didn't think Jackson knew the real criminals intended to rob his friend.

Reread the first line you wrote and tell me what your gut feeling says about his guilt or innocence. Please use critical thinking and not the rules under which a jury must operate.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
MJMGator;n312220 said:
I don't really know what's happened, but Law has become the voice of reason around here lately.
Naah. Ask law which two sec teams have the most wins over the past two seasons.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
divits;n312253 said:
Reread the first line you wrote and tell me what your gut feeling says about his guilt or innocence. Please use critical thinking and not the rules under which a jury must operate.

Use your gut thinking and tell me what you think happened in the Treon Harris accused rape "incident". Please use critical thinking and not the rules under which a jury must operate.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n312262 said:
Use your gut thinking and tell me what you think happened in the Treon Harris accused rape "incident". Please use critical thinking and not the rules under which a jury must operate.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You're obfuscating. The two circumstances and acts are in no way similar. Treon was a he said/she said with no witnesses that a crime even occurred. In Jackson's case there is no doubt a crime DID occur.

So Jackson goes to this apartment with these guys to get high but leaves quickly without getting high and without his friends. Mind you, the friends he leaves behind are strangers to those in the apartment. And lo and behold these same friends pull out guns and rob the place. What would you imagine the conversation was between Jackson and his friends leading up to their trip to the apartment? Remember, we're not dealing with braintrusts here.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n312275 said:
You're obfuscating. The two circumstances and acts are in no way similar. Treon was a he said/she said with no witnesses that a crime even occurred. In Jackson's case there is no doubt a crime DID occur.

The jury disagrees

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n312280 said:
The jury disagrees

Oh, so there was no robbery? Because I'm pretty sure there was. The question was whether the jury could find without a reasonable doubt that Jackson knew about it. They said they couldn't within the guidelines of their jury instruction. Doesn't in any way mean that he wasn't involved. There's a difference between "not guilty" and "innocent" you know.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;312252 said:
So can he suit up against fsu?
You kidding me? He's going to be suiting up FOR them, jimbobs got him on the phone right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n312224 said:
Law was always the voice of reason. You guys just arent ready for it sometimes.

Very true. This 4-8 season has been excruciating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.