:rotfl: OMG, I am laughing at that one.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm watching Frost.
The timing of his rise and Mac demise could match up perfectly, and being at UCF, he may be making the connections we will need in recruiting in Florida.

We'll see what he does this season.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
After putting together a list of 100 coaches proposed by everyone on GCMB to replace Muschamp, looks like it's time for another list to be created for replacing McElwain

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Man-at-desk-with-head-in-008.jpg

Sorry I'm not contributing, but after that opener, I just want this nightmare to end...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure Lane Kiffin could do better, but I don't want him. Kinda how I feel about James Franklin. A lot of people wanted him, and he's obviously a very good coach, but I don't like how things went down at Vandy when he left so I don't trust him either. Who are we kidding? We could hire anybody and it wouldn't matter. Meyer sold his soul and our program's future to the devil when he was here and we're still paying our debt. That's how it feels anyway...:fatnanner:

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
I'm pretty sure Lane Kiffin could do better, but I don't want him. Kinda how I feel about James Franklin. A lot of people wanted him, and he's obviously a very good coach, but I don't like how things went down at Vandy when he left so I don't trust him either. Who are we kidding? We could hire anybody and it wouldn't matter. Meyer sold his soul and our program's future to the devil when he was here and we're still paying our debt. That's how it feels anyway...:fatnanner:
Muffin excorcising the demons of Pope Urban. That's funny.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I want a coach that's a man, preferably around 40! And with a pretty sick mullet to boot....

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
First requirement is that the candidate have been a head coach before, we do not need another Zook or Duncechump experiment. We are Florida, not a program with training wheels.

Chip Kelly, Les Miles, Bob Stoops.....all not coming here so just mark them off the list.

My Top Five, In No Particular Order:

1. Fuente - grab him now or never, once he gets entrenched at VT, he would be hard to pry away.

2. Fedora - stop #2 on his head coaching career, done well to clean up mess Butch Davis left at UNC, got screwed against Clemson in ACCC game last year.

3. Niumatalolo - a stretch, only if he hires a top notch OC and scraps the triple option, disciplinarian that would have already shown Callaway, and likely the other 8 suspended players, the door permanently.

4. Gundy - he is a man, pay the man and give him the keys (he is #1 on my personal list right now, and we can get him)

5. Whittingham - would be hard to pry from Utah, but a legit HC.

Guys like Morris, Frost, and Babers are still relatively new on the HC scene and need more time.

A wild card name to toss out there is Narduzzi at Pitt, he is only 17-10 or so there as HC so far, but he did beat both the ACC (national) and Big Ten champ last season.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
First requirement is that the candidate have been a head coach before, we do not need another Zook or Duncechump experiment. We are Florida, not a program with training wheels.

Chip Kelly, Les Miles, Bob Stoops.....all not coming here so just mark them off the list.

1. Fuente - grab him now or never, once he gets entrenched at VT, he would be hard to pry away.

2. Fedora - stop #2 on his head coaching career, done well to clean up mess Butch Davis left at UNC, got screwed against Clemson in ACCC game last year.

3. Niumatalolo - a stretch, only if he hires a top notch OC and scraps the triple option, disciplinarian that would have already shown Callaway, and likely the other 8 suspended players, the door permanently.

4. Gundy - he is a man, pay the man and give him the keys (he is #1 on my personal list right now, and we can get him)

Guys like Morris, Frost, and Babers are still relatively new on the HC scene and need more time.

A wild card name to toss out there is Narduzzi at Pitt, he is only 17-10 or so there as HC so far, but he did beat both the ACC (national) and Big Ten champ last season.

I'd risk Fedora considering who's going to be available.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

I love Niumatalolo. But no way he ditches that offense.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Why so sure Gundy is obtainable and Kelly is not? If Foley was here he wouldn't pay for either. Since he's not, call Chip.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Chip Kelly....NCAA sanctions....pass. We are already begging them to snoop around Gainesville with the debit card bull****, hiring Chip would have them renting a long-term suite at the Hilton Conference Center the next day after the hire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator