Just Happy To Be There

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That article is just more talking head horse****. The defense played its ass off. The offense is just offensive.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I agree about the defense. It wasn't talking heads, it was Morrison and players saying they quit.

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
I find it discomforting that we re still asking ourselves the same questions in Dec that we were in Aug. Scarey Even better we have no idea who will start at QB next Aug, play kicker, or what 5 will be our likely O line. Several of our best D players will be in the NFL. LSU, Tenn, Ga, and SC will be beatable, but FSU could be a real power. 10 wins is believeable, but I fear in record a repeat of this year. Losses to FSU, Bama and maybe a bowl loss, though less likely than this year. I would be sad if Mac ended up being a UF Richt, or another Ray Graves.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I'm happy about McElwain and not giving up on him at all. But I think if the offense could have scored just 2 TD's against FSU and Alabama we win those games and are in the playoffs. But instead we stuck with a guy that literally had trouble throwing a forward pass, lost all confidence and frankly looked scared out there at times. Maybe we have nothing better on the bench. But even I could produce nothing like Treon did.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
"Since we won the East complacency set in on this team," linebacker Antonio Morrison said. "Guys weren't itching to get better, guys were just like 'aww we're going to Atlanta.'

"Guys were shocked to get here instead of trying to get better and beat this team."

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That's all coaching I'm my opinion

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Read between the lines of what was said. There were players in key positions who were content with where they were and not putting in the extra effort to get better. The only thing that can get rid of those types of players is competition and that's why recruiting is paramount to what Coach Mac and his staff want to do. It's a broken record at this point, but we all know this team is in the playoffs if a certain player at a certain position doesn't make a monumental choice to hurt himself and the team. It is what it is.

The only thing I criticize Coach Mac for is how he handled the QB situation after it was readily apparent that Treon wasn't the answer. I know Coach Mac and his staff are married to the belief that you play in games how you practice during the week, but I'd like to point out that being married to that dogma means that Danny Wuerffel would've never seen the field playing for Coach Mac, as he was notorious for looking horrible in practice. I'm not saying that Treon should've been benched permanently, but there's no logical reason to keep the other guys on the bench without even seeing how they'll perform in an actual game environment. Taking a series or two away from Treon to see if the guys behind him can manage to lead us to a three-and-out just as well as Treon wouldn't have hurt us at all, and there's the possibility that we find a diamond in the rough who elevates his play when the bullets are live. Of course this is just my personal opinion and I doubt it'll ever change; just a different philosophy from someone who played football and saw more than his fair share of practice warriors who couldn't bring it on game day.

And in case I didn't make it clear enough in the first paragraph, yes I am accusing Treon of not putting in the extra effort to get better. This is the same guy who in his freshman year after saving the day at Tennessee uses that momentum to land himself rape charges and a suspension until charges were dropped due to lack of evidence. This is the same guy who spent his off season driving around town without a license and finding himself around weed and cops at the same time. Was he the only one doing this? Of course not, but I don't doubt for a second guys like Morrison and Davis, who put every ounce of sweat and blood they could into this season, look at what guys like Treon and others did to prepare for this season and feel a bit upset and betrayed. It wasn't just Grier that let everybody down, it's everyone else who didn't take it upon themselves to really accomplish something special this season. I think that culture is going to change here quickly, and I can't wait to see the stench of Muschamp and Meyer officially removed from the locker room for good.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It's so funny to see law post that. I too have an overall positive attitude toward Mac and our future. Never once did I have that with worth less will

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Well, Mac did want to lose so why would he do anything to win? What is his bonus for winning? He didnt want that anyhow. He is hoping to be fired in 2 years so....

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Had Del Rio been eligible, I believe the initial 2-QB battle would have been between
Del Rio & Grier ... no Treon in the picture at all. Mac could have given Del Rio adequate
series to stay fluid enough with our offense to be a coach's need for a decent 2nd string QB.
Next year will Del Rio show GatorNation the right stuff ?

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
At the beginning of the season Coach Mac said he believed he could win with his dog Carabelle.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I find it discomforting that we re still asking ourselves the same questions in Dec that we were in Aug. Scarey Even better we have no idea who will start at QB next Aug, play kicker, or what 5 will be our likely O line. Several of our best D players will be in the NFL. LSU, Tenn, Ga, and SC will be beatable, but FSU could be a real power. 10 wins is believeable, but I fear in record a repeat of this year. Losses to FSU, Bama and maybe a bowl loss, though less likely than this year. I would be sad if Mac ended up being a UF Richt, or another Ray Graves.
The flip side, we could have looked much worse. The team came together and stayed together. Yes, cracks are starting to show, but Treon and the offensive line looked better against Bama than FSU.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Taking a series or two away from Treon to see if the guys behind him can manage to lead us to a three-and-out just as well as Treon wouldn't have hurt us at all, and there's the possibility that we find a diamond in the rough who elevates his play when the bullets are live.

See I'm with you here. I just don't see what harm it would have done against either FAU, FSU, or Bama. Trying something may not have prevented the last two losses, but failing to try anything, ensured the last two losses.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The first thing people need to keep in mind while crying that our coaches should have changed the offense mid-season to accommodate Treon's "strengths" <cough>, is that most college athletes couldn't qualify for college if it weren't for majorly reduced GPA requirements for student athletes. Some of these guys wouldn't even qualify for community college for crying out loud if they weren't athletes. There was no way we were going to draw up a new playbook and try to force it down these kid's throats in one week.

That said, we have about a month to prepare for the bowl game, so we may see some new wrinkles thrown in, but we still won't see a completely revamped offense. It just isn't happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator