Kadarius Toney

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I have also noticed that he is looking for self preservation and avoiding unnecessary contact on the sidelines. Hopefully that keeps him healthy compared to last year.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great thread title. It really let's you know what the thread is about! C'mon, man!

200.gif

As soon as I saw this thread title on the main page I thought the same thing. :lol:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I WAS WRONG!

I admit it. I spoke badly of Mr Toney, in the offseason. He has totally changed me on him being a receiver.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Honestly, over the years, I wasn't sure if it was the injuries, not knowing the plays, freelancing to go E-W rather than N-S or what limited his play the most. This year is notably different for him, and I suppose I'd rank the success factors as:

1. Staying healthy
2. Learning the plays (running correct routes, being patient for his plays)
3. Execution (less E-W, more N-S)

He does lack speed, but makes up for it with elusiveness. I don't know how well it will translate to the next level, but I'm grateful to have him on the team this year, and for him to be doing so well (finally).

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

@ltraz is right. No coach is playing a receiver who can't run routes and even freelances. Toney has become a genuine WR instead of just a gadget player. He gained weight which allows him to play stronger. He entered the season as a guy some nfl team might take a flyer on in rounds 6-7. He has now worked himself into the 2nd-3rd rounds according to projections.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I said that before and everyone jumped on me. He is slow.

I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed a player with his ankle breaking moves and quick acceleration with such a slow top end speed...it’s crazy. But man has he has improved and is really fun to watch

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
In the first week’s game thread, that was my observation as well. He is by far the most improved player on offense and took his critiquing well by becoming a well rounded WR. Even some of his catches look so much more fluid and correct than they did in previous years.

But I do agree with law here that he’s really not James like at all. BJ was elusive mainly because of his speed and vision. He could see a lane in returns and would just go. Toney’s not Percy, no one is. But I think he’s closer to that mold and ultimately a more polished Rainey. His strength this year and ability to negate trouble have been awesome to watch. I wasn’t his biggest fan before the year, but am now and hope he goes far.

I look at it like this. If I am a defender and trying to tackle Percy, I am thinking "I hope I don't miss because he is going to the house." If I am trying to tackle Toney, I am thinking "I am GOING TO MISS, but I hope I can slow him down so help can get here." There is nothing embarrassing about getting outrun by Percy Harvin. Dude was the fastest footballer in pads I have seen. He looked like he was jogging and literally outrunning fast players. Toney is going to embarrass you to the point the coaches just put that **** on loop during film and everyone just laughs at you. I am surprised more defenders don't pull up with a cramp when he gets in their area.

What has impressed me as well is he is a much more polished receiver this year. And strong. Dude has been putting in work in the weight room.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Can we go back and find the people that said it would be a big deal if he sat out and should stick to rapping?

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
The Gator Nation Podcast pointed out Delance missed the block on the pick six, not Reese, who was trying to save Delance’s screw up but the rusher got to Trask and hit his arm on release.

meanwhile, Toney had destroyed his DB on another great route and was running wide open. He would have had a fourth touchdown on something like seven touches.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.