Keanu Neal Declares

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
My quote from that thread "Taylor, Robinson and VH III are definites. I think Neal and Brantley are maybe."... McCallister got kicked off the team right? So was it really his decision... that one is 50/50.

Maye and Davis really need to stay, but kids make bad decisions once they get people in their ear and start thinking of all that money.
I think it was mutual and McCallister was going either way. I thought Cox Jr said he was set to come back so hearing he is reconsidering is worrisome.

If Maye, Cox and Davis all stay we'll be fine, although likely will be playing true freshman again. If those 3 leave making 8 underclassman departures that's going to be awfully hard to weather and defense if going to take a step back.

The fact that they never updated Anzalones status after his injury, and it is apparently a re-injury of his surgically repaired shoulder, I feel like assuming he's not going to be able to contribute significantly is safer than counting on him being ready to play.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LOL, I'm sure the mass majority of you all feel like we'll still win 10+ games.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think it was mutual and McCallister was going either way. I thought Cox Jr said he was set to come back so hearing he is reconsidering is worrisome.

If Maye, Cox and Davis all stay we'll be fine, although likely will be playing true freshman again. If those 3 leave making 8 underclassman departures that's going to be awfully hard to weather and defense if going to take a step back.

The fact that they never updated Anzalones status after his injury, and it is apparently a re-injury of his surgically repaired shoulder, I feel like assuming he's not going to be able to contribute significantly is safer than counting on him being ready to play.

I agree.. our CBs should be good, but we are in trouble at the safety spot. Our DL should be OK, but not as good as last year without Bullard and McCallister. Brantley certainly will help. The LB group is a huge problem.. if we lose Davis then it becomes a dreadful problem. It is amazing to me that Muschamp left us in such a crappy spot at LB. We played with 2 LBs for most of the year using Maye as a 3rd. With Anzalone possibly done and Rolin yet to really show the ability to contribute.. Davis is key. I really hope he comes back.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
LOL, I'm sure the mass majority of you all feel like we'll still win 10+ games.
We might. I don't see the schedule as daunting as many are trying to make it out to be. The East is still way down, as reflected in the pretty terrible East champions the last 3 years. Offense should be better and running game potentially much better. I am worried that Nussmeier might be a total flop though.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree.. our CBs should be good, but we are in trouble at the safety spot. Our DL should be OK, but not as good as last year without Bullard and McCallister. Brantley certainly will help. The LB group is a huge problem.. if we lose Davis then it becomes a dreadful problem. It is amazing to me that Muschamp left us in such a crappy spot at LB. We played with 2 LBs for most of the year using Maye as a 3rd. With Anzalone possibly done and Rolin yet to really show the ability to contribute.. Davis is key. I really hope he comes back.
Yes, we need Davis' return, and for him to stay healthy. If May returns and Dawson plays FS, I think we'll be OK.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This was expected. I see Neal as a bigger version of Major Wright. A hard hitter who is suspect in the passing game.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This was expected. I see Neal as a bigger version of Major Wright. A hard hitter who is suspect in the passing game.

There is the issue Neal is a great hitter, but horrible in coverage. The NFL is a passing league now. All the great hitting safeties are gone, because they either can't cover or get too many 15 yard penalties. Neal better improve in the coverage side, or his NFL career will be short lived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator