Keanu Neal Declares

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You mean the one you started by bringing up another player as the reason for Neal's coverage issues? You are making arguments, you do not backup. Neal is a linebacker at best, without the coverage or the feel for the position for safety. Why are you so upset he is leaving? Why are you upset that no one is upset like you are he is leaving?

I don't recall Neal being out of position all that often, that was my point.

I'm not upset about anything lol just wish he was coming back. Calm down man it's not that serious

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
Going to miss watching him hit! Always loved seeing him demolish the ball carrier.

Best of luck, Kiki!

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Was hoping he'd come back for another season, but I wish him nothing but the best.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I think Maybe and Neal are both better than we give them credit for. I've heard commentators compare Neal to Kam Chancellor and Maye was a first team All American. Makes sense for them to go get paid. I said they were looking in to the NFL weeks ago. The other one I heard was Cox but I haven't seen anything about him yet.

Our Defense is going to miss VH3, Neal, Maye, Bullard, Morrison, MaCalister, and possibly Davis and Cox Jr.

That's a lot of leadership.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Maybe and Neal are both better than we give them credit for. I've heard commentators compare Neal to Kam Chancellor and Maybe was a first team All American. Makes sense for them to go get paid. I said they were looking in to the NFL weeks ago. The other one I heard was Cox but I haven't seen anything about him yet.

Our Defense is going to miss VH3, Neal, Maye, Bullard, Morrison, MaCalister, and possibly Davis and Cox Jr.

It's a definitely a problem. I think that's why so much of this class has been on the defensive side of the ball.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hope it works out for him. In the mean time, we have Nick Washington and Duke Dawson as our starting safeties next year? :eek3:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Maybe and Neal are both better than we give them credit for. I've heard commentators compare Neal to Kam Chancellor and Maye was a first team All American. Makes sense for them to go get paid. I said they were looking in to the NFL weeks ago. The other one I heard was Cox but I haven't seen anything about him yet.

I've heard Cox Jr. as well as a potential departure. A few guys are coming out too early, but the NFL needs guys on Special Teams too.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
We're definitely going to find out how good (or bad) Collins is.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We're definitely going to find out how good (or bad) Collins is.

That goes for the entire staff the next two years. The staff understandably gets a pass for this year, and for the most part next year as long as their is some growth. But by the end of next season, and the third year... it's either going to be cheers or pitchforks.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
That's why I'm concerned about the recruiting. They're going to have to bring in elite talent if they're going to compete in the SEC.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Losing another experienced player, and that hurts.

I don't blame Neal one bit. He'll get drafted and that's about 400,000 k a year for the rookie minimum. I'd leave early too.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That's why I'm concerned about the recruiting. They're going to have to bring in elite talent if they're going to compete in the SEC.

Recruiting is always an issue, and that is on the staff. The problem is where we are we both want/need elite talent, but we also need bodies. We still barely have enough OL to practice in spring without calling in people like gatorJ to play.

They have to rebuild and retool this roster.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think this is a tough loss. I wish the kid the best, but he should have stayed. He could improve his draft stock by staying. He is a hard hitting safety with average coverage skills, but he has made a lot of plays. He is not Reggie Nelson, but few are. He also was an emotional leader for the team and his hits could energize the defense at times. He will be missed.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

No we need depth. Screw talent. There are plenty of 3 stars on our roster to fill in spots.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone remember this thread? I said we could see 6 players leave early and was told I was crazy. I believe it was one of our mods who said "no way 6 go, maybe 2."

Neal makes 5 already with Davis and Maye still on the clock.

https://gatorchatter.com/threads/who-goes-pro.6085/#post-218757

My quote from that thread "Taylor, Robinson and VH III are definites. I think Neal and Brantley are maybe."... McCallister got kicked off the team right? So was it really his decision... that one is 50/50.

Maye and Davis really need to stay, but kids make bad decisions once they get people in their ear and start thinking of all that money.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think this is a tough loss. I wish the kid the best, but he should have stayed. He could improve his draft stock by staying. He is a hard hitting safety with average coverage skills, but he has made a lot of plays. He is not Reggie Nelson, but few are. He also was an emotional leader for the team and his hits could energize the defense at times. He will be missed.

I agree with this. He's much better than what we currently have at safety, and he'd most likely improve his draft stock by a round or two if he stayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator