Keanu Neal says three freshmen standing out

OtownGator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n253476 said:
That seems unconventional and I would say you were crazy, except that Summers did it last year with Big Trent. It worked pretty well IMO until Trent got hurt.

I think Ivie playing guard first is more realistic than Ivie trying to learn to be a pass blocking tackle in 4 weeks.

Ivey's strength over Big Trent (or big trent type olineman) is the ability to pull and find/make down field blocks. He excelled at this during high school. He is very quick and would be very helpful with screen plays (which we will heavily use this year) , which is done from the guard spot more often than tackle spot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, O. Normally though I'd think that he's too tall (bad leverage vs. DTs) but Big Trent proved that wrong last year. It's not ideal, but it's better to play a more competent taller OL than play a terrible blocking guy who has the "better" body type for guard.

I hope we just get the best 5 on the field, no matter what. It was silly (but maybe fortunate given his hidden congenital problem) to have Big Rod standing on the sideline for much of the year while wastes of flesh like Mary Tyler Moore was bullfighting on the field.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Law98gator;n253953 said:
I agree, O. Normally though I'd think that he's too tall (bad leverage vs. DTs) but Big Trent proved that wrong last year.

I hope we just get the best 5 on the field, no matter what. It was silly (but maybe fortunate given his hidden congenital problem) to have Big Rod standing on the sideline for much of the year while wastes of flesh like Mary Tyler Moore was bullfighting on the field.

But Law - you have to fail before you can really appreciate success.
SOS has Atilla the Hun - Muschump has MTM.
Just take the advice of CWM's 20th Century philosopher:
mary-tyler-moore--large-msg-13883352327.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator