Keanu Neal says three freshmen standing out

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"No, you can't say 'Roll Tide' on my Periscope. Okay? So from here on out, don't say 'Roll Tide,' don't say 'Fear the Spear' or anything like that. It's 'Go Gators!' It's all 'Go Gators!'"

Go Gators!!

:chomp:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think I'm more excited to see that he thinks the OL is doing well. I wonder what he thinks of Ivey, he didn't specify him as a freshman who is doing well, but it is just summer and not fall... so who knows.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks good. Especially liked this:

(Richerd) Desir-Jones, who is going to step up and be a legit player for us."

I think this is the one we flipped from Florida International. Just a few days ago someone was lamenting how far that we are we've fallen in recruiting when we're taking 2* QB's and flipping OL from FIU. Interesting that out of all the lineman we signed, this is the one Neal singled out...I'm hoping that Coach Mac really does have an eye for talent.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Like his take on freshman Calloway showing predictable stardom. We (& Grier/Harris) sure could use a 2nd Robinson to
pick out of the "left-a-step-behind" defenders. So perhaps other freshman will do well enough (Ivey) … now with the right
coaching. I am hoping = I have hopes.

Remember, these boys have gone from a 'step-on-your-neck' HC to an encourager that instructs while
believing in his charges.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
not sure I agree with his choice of jersey (Orange jersey over Blue pants), but I don't mind seeing it every once in a while..

:chomp:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for sharing. Great to hear about Jones and Calloway. A week till camp.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I've heard about Calloway for a couple of weeks now. They are saying that he's going to play in the slot and on the outside because he's that good! The surprise in that article was Desir-Jones. We need those young Offensive Linemen to step up and I'm glad he's doing so. Now maybe 2 or 3 more will do the same!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Good news. We need another weapon at receiver. It seems many of these freshman are hungry and players like Neal are noticing.

R

Requiem121110

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see that some of you have not learned from the past. Do I need to recount how much bull was handed out by coaches and players alike the past few years, only to find out that none of it was true when they played an actual game against a non-directional team? You just set yourself up for disappointment and start thinking the coaches are doing a bad job developing players because someone said this or that player was great. Remember another defensive back telling us that Jeff Driskel was the best quarterback in America last year? I know some of you will hate me saying this, but isn't it time to become a little more jaded about words? If talk meant anything, UF would have been in Atlanta recently.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Requiem121110;n253221 said:
I see that some of you have not learned from the past. Do I need to recount how much bull was handed out by coaches and players alike the past few years, only to find out that none of it was true when they played an actual game against a non-directional team? You just set yourself up for disappointment and start thinking the coaches are doing a bad job developing players because someone said this or that player was great. Remember another defensive back telling us that Jeff Driskel was the best quarterback in America last year? I know some of you will hate me saying this, but isn't it time to become a little more jaded about words? If talk meant anything, UF would have been in Atlanta recently.

:bananawave:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Requiem121110;n253221 said:

Take 3 days for having bad manners.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Thanks Sas. Requiem is also one of the most depressing movies ever.

Seems like this team has embraced the freshman. Perhaps a sign of good things to come.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n253239 said:
[video=youtube;RAzTIKoF8rA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAzTIKoF8rA[/video]

We all view Jennifer Connelly differently after that movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.