Kerwin is in trouble

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So Kerwin got caught doing the same thing Harbaugh did at San Diego? I bet all these lower level programs do the same thing. How else can they get athletes to come play in a non-scholarship football only conference? Exactly, they can't. They all cheat.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He should rot in prison for this. Or at least pay a small fine.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This will hurt his chances to go up the ladder directly to a HC position. So yea he might have to become an OC first, we'll take him! again!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n248866 said:
Hall taught him well, but not well enough to not get caught.

Your memory for history is at best skewed.

Dec 10, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n248959]

Your memory for history is at best skewed.[/QUOTE]

Which part? Hall's forced resignation? His paying assistants? His paying bills for players? The two years' probation and the bowl bans? Please elaborate. :popcorn:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n248961 said:
Which part? Hall's forced resignation? His paying assistants? His paying bills for players? The two years' probation and the bowl bans? Please elaborate. :popcorn:

So that makes him a cheater?

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was in a Home Depot in Winter Park about a year ago and there was a young man in front of me at checkout with a JU football t-shirt on. Kid physically looked like a linebacker (in fact his physique looked kinda like mine). I asked him if he played ball at JU and he said yes, that he just graduated. I had to ask him about Kerwin and he said all the players thought it was great playing for him, that he was a great coach and a great guy. So I said "That's great." Great story, huh?

FatCatG8r

Aug 10, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n248961 said:

Ummm... I believe the skew he's talking about is the actual coach who incurred the 1984 sanctions from the NCAA. That would have been Charlie Pell (now deceased). Hall was hit in 1989 for one single violation; making a child support payment for Jarvis Williams. Bell graduated after the '85 season and was not on the roster for the Hall violation. Kerwin went on to set multiple passing records in the Canadian Football League and then to a very successful run as head coach at Trinity Catholic HS in Ocala before taking the job at JU. I don't know the specifics of this case, but it probably involved awarding perhaps undeserved academic scholarships. I would think that a reasonable athletic conference would give some latitude to the school for awarding scholarships on academic merit. But that's just MHO.

Dec 10, 2014
FatCatG8r;n248978 said:
Hall was hit in 1989 for one single violation; making a child support payment for Jarvis Williams.
Wrong. Try Google

FatCatG8r;n248978 said:
Ummm... I believe the skew he's talking about is the actual coach who incurred the 1984 sanctions from the NCAA.
Huh? I can't even decipher half of this.

FatCatG8r;n248978 said:
Bell graduated after the '85 season
Google would be a big, big friend to you

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n248970 said:
I was in a Home Depot in Winter Park about a year ago and there was a young man in front of me at checkout with a JU football t-shirt on. Kid physically looked like a linebacker (in fact his physique looked kinda like mine). I asked him if he played ball at JU and he said yes, that he just graduated. I had to ask him about Kerwin and he said all the players thought it was great playing for him, that he was a great coach and a great guy. So I said "That's great." Great story, huh?

That story sucks.

Oh, and the Pioneer League is dumb.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n248983 said:
Wrong. Try Google

Apparently you didn't either because you referred to Hall giving money to "players" instead of how it actually was, a player. But that wasn't my point in calling you out. The sarcastic context you applied in suggesting Hall hadn't taught Bell well because he got caught cheating was unwarranted and out of proportion. The amount Hall allegedly gave to the player (to this day he denies it actually happened) was miniscule and the supplement to coaches was similar ticky tacky. In fact, the NCAA rule on coaching caps was later found to be in violation of federal anti-trust law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator