Kids these days will never know….

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Channel 9 Attention GIF by The Block

Bring water to a boil and steam them for 11- 12 minutes. Remove them from the steam and put them in an ice bath
... and let them sit in fridge for a couple of weeks before boiling. Fresh eggs are hard to peel.

Similar to the glass/water trick: remove eggs from boiling water/steam. Cover eggs with tap water, shake vigorously to crack all the egg shells, then run each egg under tap while rolling the egg in your hand. Shell comes right off. (eggs still need to be hot for this to work)

Occasionally, I get a batch that's just hard to peel.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
FTR, just tried this. Didn't work. Mrs. Altitude says it probably only works on a very recently boiled egg, not the ones that were boiled a couple days ago and left in the fridge.
They have to be hot for that method to work.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
... and let them sit in fridge for a couple of weeks before boiling. Fresh eggs are hard to peel.

Similar to the glass/water trick: remove eggs from boiling water/steam. Cover eggs with tap water, shake vigorously to crack all the egg shells, then run each egg under tap while rolling the egg in your hand. Shell comes right off. (eggs still need to be hot for this to work)

Occasionally, I get a batch that's just hard to peel.
If your hard boiled eggs have been in the fridge, do NOT microwave them for more than 20 seconds. Ask me how I know…

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I've no idea if it's been mentioned or not--but: prank phone calls.

Had the discussion with my gf (who's a good bit younger) about how that made a roaring comeback in college years with the advent of the ebaumsworld and college humor websites that had selected quotes from celebrities you could toggle between and you could call or leave messages for unsuspecting friends.

Now, most people don't even pick up unknown numbers and more sophisticated caller ID can show when it's using a blocker and mark it as "spam."

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
The other side of this is looking at this as a youngster in a house with only a rotating antenna and thinking “Well, this sucks seeing all these channels I CAN’T watch!”
See my post above... with the rotating antenna, we could pick up channels 11, 13, and 24, but not the others

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator