Kimbo Slice dies at 42

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/16009900/kimbo-slice-dies-age-42

Professional mixed martial artist Kimbo Slice, 42, has died, Bellator MMA confirmed.

"We are all shocked and saddened by the devastating and untimely loss of Kimbo Slice, a beloved member of the Bellator family," Bellator president Scott Coker said in a statement, calling Slice "a charismatic, larger-than-life personality that transcended the sport."

"Outside of the cage he was a friendly, gentle giant and a devoted family man," Coker said. "His loss leaves us all with extremely heavy hearts, and our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Ferguson family and all of Kimbo's friends, fans, and teammates."

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No shˆt? I just saw this on espn that he was hospitalized for an unknown reason and now he's dead. Heart attack? Drugs I suspect. Maybe we can move on from Ali now.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
"outside the cage he was a gentle giant". :lmao2:

Kimbo built his legend status by beating people up in street fights.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One of my favorite fighters of all time

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Dude kind of carved out a niche for himself by having his street fights captured on video. He really wasn't a very good martial artist but 42 is way too damned young to die....RIP.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Kimbo did beat an old Shamrock and he beat Tank Abbott who knocked out quite a few MMA guys during that time. In addition Kimbo beat Ray Mercer who was a top heavyweight boxer previously in an MMA match.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Kimbo did beat an old Shamrock and he beat Tank Abbott who knocked out quite a few MMA guys during that time. In addition Kimbo beat Ray Mercer who was a top heavyweight boxer previously in an MMA match.
You think he would've made it 30 seconds with any of those guys in their prime? I don't.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You think he would've made it 30 seconds with any of those guys in their prime? I don't.

He beat Tank Abbott when he was still a little over his prime but Abbott never really bothered to learn the MMA stuff much and just tried to knock guys out usually. Mercer had nothing for Kimbo because he didnt know MMA and just knew boxing. Kimbo at least had basic MMA skills. Shamrock probably would have submitted him right away when he was younger.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
He beat Tank Abbott when he was still a little over his prime but Abbott never really bothered to learn the MMA stuff much and just tried to knock guys out usually. Mercer had nothing for Kimbo because he didnt know MMA and just knew boxing. Kimbo at least had basic MMA skills. Shamrock probably would have submitted him right away when he was younger.
Mauro Ranallo said in the build up to that fight that it would depend on which Tank showed up....Sherman or Septic. Fortunately for Kimbo it was the latter.

I think Abbott's record at the time was 9-14, so it wasn't like he was setting the world on fire.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No shˆt? I just saw this on espn that he was hospitalized for an unknown reason and now he's dead. Heart attack? Drugs I suspect. Maybe we can move on from Ali now.
Who's the 3rd black fighter that's going to die. they always come in 3's

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.