Kyle Trask: Why not?

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I think he is still recovering from surgery on his foot. Who knows. Franks has the tool and the guts to stand in the pocket but he just takes too long to release it. Of course some of that has to do the wr not getting separation.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Again, I highly doubt ANY QB can help at this point. The staff is scared silly to allow them to throw the ball and the conservative play calling is nauseating. I dont see any problem letting Trask or any other of them play but the staff has their hands tied and until we see a new offensive game plan I could probably handle the current duties.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to say but it might be worse with him. He hasn't been getting any 1st team snaps at all and was missing time with a foot injury I think early in the season.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Again, I highly doubt ANY QB can help at this point. The staff is scared silly to allow them to throw the ball and the conservative play calling is nauseating.
They are largely coaching that way because they don't trust Franks. At all.

And sure Trask may stink it up out there. He also might light it up. You don't know with a QB until you get them out there taking live bullets.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
We have no dump offs during blitzes and our tight ends are useless and our receivers who some had me believing last year could get open on every play are covered by just about every defense we play. Our sluggish preparation getting lined up and ready to snap the ball and inconsistent pass protection just about negates talent.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The main problem with Franks is that he doesn't see the middle of the field. So TEs will continue to be a non-factor. He never sees his safety valve because he's staring down receivers. This staff does a piss poor job of calling plays to the strength of the QB.

I don't think Franks is ready yet – you would think they would put in Zaire and call plays that consistently have him roll out of the pocket. But even when Zaire was there they tried to keep him in the pocket. We have a hell of a running game and zero play action pass.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
The main problem with Franks is that he doesn't see the middle of the field. So TEs will continue to be a non-factor. He never sees his safety valve because he's staring down receivers. This staff does a piss poor job of calling plays to the strength of the QB.

I don't think Franks is ready yet – you would think they would put in Zaire and call plays that consistently have him roll out of the pocket. But even when Zaire was there they tried to keep him in the pocket. We have a hell of a running game and zero play action pass.

A complete mystery to me, we NEVER run it or if we do it's so vanilla that a 10 y.o Pop Warner LB or Safety wouldn't bite.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Trask had meniscus surgery in April. All the articles said he'd miss 4-6 weeks so maybe he could be ready soon?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh he had another one on his foot that's right. From October 2nd. "Kyle Trask is still a “ways away” with a foot injury,"

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'd rather see Nuss get canned and have Seider start calling the plays. He at least came from WVU where they have a 21st Century offense.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No QB would be good in this offense. You could put Brady back there and they would still look like ass

This. I'm normally a "why not?" person myself. But the more QBs we parade in and out of this mess, the more likely a certain California QB says I think l'll look elsewhere. He may be the only one I've seen that looks like he's good enough to overcome this staff. This season is lost any way.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Ox, you are one of the sane ones out there, but I beg you please stop with anything this ludicrous. yes I understand the point, how are we ever going to know. As a process person, I am 100% certain that even the Aaron Rogers', Philip Rivers', Drew Brees', etc. of the world, would not and could not succeed under these morons. Does not matter the offense, etc. these guys pay ZERO attention to detail. So blocking will still suck, route running will be laughable. Not going to ever change until we get a guy who cares about the very little things of the process!!!,

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I'd just assume put Zaire back there and let him work his magic, you know like he did against Mich. I think his best play is when he takes the snap and runs (really slow) in about 3 circles, then throws the ball end over end for about 8 yards in the direction of the sideline. I honestly believe Zaire has just enough talent to get jim (no more calling that fat fck coach Mac) fired. That is our best option in my opinion.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The guy has not been in uniform one time this year.

Hell, run him out there in a boot. Can't be much worse

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What about Jacob Guy and Provancha? Bowl says those guys are great!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator