Lame Kiffin tries to make excuses for his horrible recruiting; cries about NIL

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While Lane was not my top choice in our last few coaching searches, he was on my list as a backup candidate. People act like he is trash, but he has grown into a very good coach. He is 27-14 at a much harder job at Ole Miss while Billy is 9-9 here lol. He is 22-9 since his first season at Ole Miss. He has already had a 10-3 season and he will probably 10 or more wins this season. He also runs a fun explosive offense unlike our bonehead caveman ball control offense that gets derailed by just one penalty. While he is not the strongest recruiter, people are over blowing the issue. You think he can bring in top classes at Ole Miss of all schools?? especially in the NIL era? No one can. He would recruit well at Florida, especially since he hires good staffs. He was known as a good recruiter while he was an assistant at USC and he recruited well in the one season he was at Tennessee.
He’s terribly lazy in recruiting. He would just be Mullen 2.0.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This. I'm not going to pull up the Ole Miss articles. But, many of them say the high school coaches saw him the first year and haven't seen Kiffin since. He is an outstanding recruiter when he works for a HC that makes him recruit. He sucks as a recruiter when he is the CEO. He doesn't like it. I'd rather have Prime than Kiffin. At least he understands recruiting.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what Kiffin is supposed to do recruiting-wise in the state of Mississippi. There are 2.9 million residents in the entire state. For comparison, there are almost that many people in Dade county, and there are 21.5 million people in the state. Even if you only consider the population size when it comes to recruiting, its a challenge. But when you add in the overall budgets of the schools and the athletic programs to the comparison, its frankly a wonder that anybody could compile such a record in Mississippi. I wouldn't put much stock in him not showing up to the local high schools very often, there probably isn't enough juice there to justify the squeeze. Any coach from MS that wants to succeed is probably spending the bulk of his time in LA, FL, TN and other states trying to convince kids that life in MS doesn't suck out loud, which is a hard thing to do because quite frankly, it does suck. For reference, the population of the small town of Gainesville FL is 141k people. Imagine living in Oxford MS with a population of 25k. Yikes.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
This. I'm not going to pull up the Ole Miss articles. But, many of them say the high school coaches saw him the first year and haven't seen Kiffin since. He is an outstanding recruiter when he works for a HC that makes him recruit. He sucks as a recruiter when he is the CEO. He doesn't like it. I'd rather have Prime than Kiffin. At least he understands recruiting.
If Lame Kitten or Prime trash ever step on the property in any capacity other than opponent coaches, they should shut down the football program forever.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If Lame Kitten or Prime trash ever step on the property in any capacity other than opponent coaches, they should shut down the football program forever.
Happy Sunday Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Kiffin has always been known as a top recruiter. I don't know where this BS "he can't recruit" is coming from. MS isn't loaded with top football talent.

MFer just hung half a hundred on LSU. When's the last time we did that?

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Kiffin has always been known as a top recruiter. I don't know where this BS "he can't recruit" is coming from. MS isn't loaded with top football talent.

MFer just hung half a hundred on LSU. When's the last time we did that?
Right. Kiffen has an offensive system that works. Defense, not so much. But he's proven with just decent talent, schemes work.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
:scratchhead: How many natties did y'all win with Mullen 1.0? How many natties have the gators won since he left? If he became the HBC at UF and won just one natty, would it be worth it? Asking for a friend...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
:scratchhead: How many natties did y'all win with Mullen 1.0? How many natties have the gators won since he left? If he became the HBC at UF and won just one natty, would it be worth it? Asking for a friend...

Tell your friend he may be friends with a pcp addict. I have no idea what any of what you posted is supposed to mean.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
There's not a coach in college football that would be a better fit for Florida than lane kiffin. He cocky as hell, talks crazy ****, runs a exciting down field passing offense and loves pussy. QBs and wide receivers would be lining up to play here, just like QBs are right now at fuching Ole Miss. If we would of hired him last year we may of had a scandal or two but we'd be 5-0 and averaging 45+ points a game.

But I know, He tAlKed sHYt aBoUt FlOriDa 15 years ago so we're all supposed to hate him.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
There's not a coach in college football that would be a better fit for Florida than lane kiffin. He cocky as hell, talks crazy ****, runs a exciting down field passing offense and loves pussy. QBs and wide receivers would be lining up to play here, just like QBs are right now at fuching Ole Miss. If we would of hired him last year we may of had a scandal or two but we'd be 5-0 and averaging 45+ points a game.

But I know, He tAlKed sHYt aBoUt FlOriDa 15 years ago so we're all supposed to hate him.

This is a compelling case. I'm not on the fire Nape train, but I can say this is a decent argument.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator